5K Times

Options
13»

Replies

• deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I haven't run a race yet, I have one in August too, but my PR is 39.08 walking/running.
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was 35.43 (50yo). I haven't done one in over a year but my best time to date is 33.04. I know I'm slow and I'd love to be faster but I've decided I'm just not built for speed! Love it nonetheless though :)
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I recently started going back to the gym. it's not the same you guys are talking about I guess but I set the program to rolling hills and try and make 5k... which takes me around 46 minutes more or less. I mostly walk it at 6.4kmh (4.1mph)

For some reason I always used to set my work out to a time or calorie goal, but I find the distance more motivating now
  • Onyx3333
    Onyx3333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you're curious, you can check some times and see what your age-grade would be. This is how you stack up against others in your age/gender and against world records.

http://www.heartbreakhill.org/age_graded.htm

thanks!!!
  • Onyx3333
    Onyx3333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k like 14 years ago and have no clue want the time was. Just recently started loving running. First 5k (Nov 2012) was 39:00, most recent race (Tuesday) was 30:08! I'm super stoked about my progress!

that's incredible progress good for you!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My first was 32:28. I wasn't paying attention to the time and was just plodding along. I now usually am around 28:30. Just having fun and not pushing it. I enjoy 5k races.....I just go out and have fun. I don't put any pressure on myself.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1st starting out 38 min. Now 32 min!
  • Ophelia111
    Ophelia111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k today. My time was 24:10. I was very happy with that :) I would suggest you practice the actual course of the 5k run before the day of the race. I did that and I beat my best training time by 4 minutes.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a race yet...for some reason I'm really nervous about it! But my PB in training was around 34 minutes. I dream of a 30min 5k!
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Two and a half years ago, started running simply as the most efficient exercise to lose weight and have been addicted ever since. Ran my first 5k this past Thanksgiving, 25:34, ran another one 2 weeks ago at 24:52. Spent the last two weeks reviewing my running style and have realized that I am a glider vs a gazelle. Since that change, and it is still new, I have been turning over 22 minute 5k''s.
    Needless to say I am reenergized. Training for 10k in June, half marathon in July, and marathon in Sept.
    Nice job everyone.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My fastest was just over 27 min, but that was when I had been training and running regularly.
    My 5k time this morning was 30:55, which is right in the general area of the last 3 I have run.
    There are always walkers and stragglers, so if you've been running at all, you will be far from last :smile:
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I"ve only been running a couple years and I've only raced in a few 5k's. But my best time was a 25:44. I typically run 4-5 miles a few times a week...although I've been slacking lately.

My favorite distance is a half marathon. For me It becomes more of a mental challenge at that distance and further. I'm running my second FULL marathon this October and I'm really excited for it.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k like 14 years ago and have no clue want the time was. Just recently started loving running. First 5k (Nov 2012) was 39:00, most recent race (Tuesday) was 30:08! I'm super stoked about my progress!

that's incredible progress good for you!

Thank you!! I race a lot and I'm hoping I can stay consistent and slowly get faster! I have a race this coming Tuesday, then next Sunday! Woohoo!!
  • photobadger
    photobadger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No races as of yet, but my 5K split time this morning was 27:08. My first run was xmas day and the split time then was 37:31. Wouldn't have noticed that if not for the question. I'm pretty excited about the progress over 4 months.