How to get a dancer's body

Options
124»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone even want a dancer's body?

Exk0S8H.jpg

EWWW, so bulky!
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    I understand what you mean - I was a heavy duty weight lifter for a long time. I needed (and had) a spinal fusion and had to change my exercise plan (EVERYTHING). I now do Pilates with some Ballet moves and my muscles look less compact and bulky; they appear longer and leaner. Plus I no longer have that weight lifters thick neck!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone even want a dancer's body?

Exk0S8H.jpg

EWWW, so bulky!

How about this?

525141_336350613133121_1329936400_n.jpg
    a.jpg

Mmm, Misty Copeland <3
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    I understand how these pictures show a dancer with gigantic muscles but dancing is their lives. I was just saying that the Pilates exercises made me look thinner and less bulky. Probably longer because my posture is different!
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, this DVD sounds interesting to me and like I might enjoy it. Thanks to the OP for the suggestion! :smile:
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Reading back through the comments I see a bunch of PMS sufferers must be on the loose. If you don't want to do a dance workout then why did you come in to comment? Does EVERYTHING HAVE to be an argument? Why do you people insist on coming out to inflict yourselves on others for no reason other than your poor little egos need a feeding? Grow up and stop looking for reasons to pick fights with others.

I'm sorry, I thought the OP posted this question to get more information and understanding, not to have a bunch of people prancing around shouting nonsense and congratulating themselves on their ignorance.

It wasn't a question, it was a recommendation for a DVD. The absence of a ? in the thread title should have given most people the clue that she wasn't asking for advice. But then a small detail like that wouldn't stop most MFP posters from posting the same old rubbish.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.