COFFE OR GREEN TEA

Options
2»

Replies

• Sporks42
    Sporks42 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What would you suggest to make it a little more "tolerable"?

I have a huge collection of loose leaf flavoured teas (green, black, and white) that I brew a pitcher iced. With the right flavour (my fav is either the peach or mint) I find I do not need any sweetener.

Also, when I started dating my husband he taught me that if you brew tea too long it gets bitter, green and white tea are really prone to to this, and I haven't found a restaurant that brews them right. If you go to a place like Teavana, they tell you the right time on the bags. Don't leave the tea bag in and you might find you don't need to change anything to enjoy it!

This all being said, I still need my double shot to get me up in the morning!
  • RachelFaigin
    Options
    Believe it or not, an unsweetened green tea latte with soy milk is delicious! You can order it at Starbucks. I also want to try it with almond milk, but I haven't found the right coffee shop, yet.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning, tea in the evening....
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    another idea if you want the caffeine hit, but aren't attached to having a hot beverage is to add matcha powder to a smoothie... matcha is powdered green tea, it's full of antioxidants and all the benefits of green tea only better because you consume the whole leaf!

I like a hot drink in the morning, so I don't do this anymore, but I was so addicted to caffeine that this got me through a bumpy part
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    This is awesome, where can you get it?
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Great advice thank you
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you can get matcha at any specialty tea shop, or in china town,,,
  • davidbenny551
    Options
    I use chaoji tea, it doesn't have caffeine but still gives you a boost. I use two cups a day to help me lose weight. Its available from www.chaoji.co.uk and if you use code chaojif you'll get one free pack for each you buy.
  • cutiemexiz
    cutiemexiz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    personally i like loose tea leaves and getting what I like the smell of from Teavana. For example, they have one that smells like pumpkin pie, I tried it and it tasted exactly like pumpkin pie lol it was awesome! So have them show you different types.

White tea doesn't have a lot of caffeine so not a morning drink unless you're a early bird kind of person. Least processed, antioxidants, and helps skin and complexion the most.

Green tea has 5-10% of caffeine per cup, has tons of healthy antioxidants, help with cholesterol and skin and teeth and blood sugar. There are tones of green teas that have fruity flavors if you want something with a sweeter taste

Oolong tea is one of my favorites personally. Its about 15% caffeine per cup, semi-fermented tea leaves, and helps with weight-loss.

Black tea also yummy (I like earl grey, but have to be VERY careful with how long it steeps because it WILL get bitter very quickly). This is tea leaves that are fully fermented, 20% caffeine per cup, helps maintain cholesterol and cardiovascular function and circulatory system.

Herbal tea is made by different leaves altogether. There are three main groups: Roobios tea, Mate tea, and Herbal infusions. All are rich in vitamin C

-Herbal infusions are a mixture of different herbs, fruits, and flowers. Usually caffeine-free.

-Roobios teas is a healthy source of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Also considered as red tea. Helps with promoting digestion, support immune system, and promoting healthy skin, teeth, and bones.

-Mate teas (favorite number 3) gives the same amount of energy, although unsure about how much caffeine exactly. So if you love the pick me up from coffee, this is definitely a group of tea to try :) It also helps to curb your appetite which is why I love it so much and contains vitamins and minerals.

I use a tea steeper to add the tea leaves in and I bought a pack of 2 for like 4$ or less, I can't remember and you just wash it out and it's good as new.

Hopefully this helps you :) I got some of this information from teavana and definitely a place to help you figure out what you like and then look for different places to get cheaper tea if you'd like. I like teavana more because I can mix 2-5 teas together. So my teas have a mate, a oolong, and either a green or white tea. I like my black tea pure :) I'm trying to drink more coffee so I get a pick me up in the morning since I have no more tea :( Any other questions, I'd be happy to help with :)

As for sweetening, I usually add honey and I try to buy honey that was made near by so I don't get any allergies during spring. Super yummy for me.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    100% COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Me, without my coffee in the A.M. is scary!! :explode: