Morningstar products

Options
13»

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Please read this first before choosing Morningstar, Boca Burger, etc.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/07/02/think-twice-before-buying-this-type-of-burger/

THIS ^^ is why I LOVE MFP! I always learn something valuable! Thank you!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    They used to be a staple in this house until I recently found out that they funded prop 37. Now I am not purchasing them out of sheer principle. I am very sad, the hot dogs and sausage patties are my favorites.

There is a company that makes a vegetarian product made from a fungus that grows on corn called Quorn. They are a little more expensive but they are also soy free. OMG their stuff is stellar. Best fake meat product ever.

Do you mean they are funding to block Prop 37? Because if they funded it, then they are welcoming the labeling of GMO products.

Anyway, I would stay away from both Quorn and Morning Star because both use GMO grains.

I don't understand why people want to eat FAKE foods.

Yes, my bad, they are fighting it. And I would rather eat a fake hot dog rather than a real nitrate filled meat hot dog any day. I eat fake meat products because the real ones will kill me faster. I do not eat them all the time, but do enjoy them. I eat whole fresh foods 90% of the time.

That is why I source out nitrate free meats and not some processed stuff being passed as meat.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    love them, fast and easy.

me too, love them. yes they are a bit high on sodium.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I really like the veggie patties, bacon, and chicken nuggets. At the moment, I'm cutting out pretty much all processed foods, so no more!
  • bear16
    bear16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love mormingstar productions. My favorites are the black bean burger and the hot and spicy breakfast sausage. My husband even likes them.
  • kbmiller1
    kbmiller1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gah! I'm vegetarian and Morningstar used to be a large part of my diet. Since you posted about Prop 37, I had to look it up and it looks like my veggie dollars may have to go elsewhere. Or this may be my inspiration to quit all the soy crap cold turkey.

Thank you, thank you to the person who posted the Food Babe article. I missed this one and it's an eye-opener.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I just found this link from the food babe link - It is a petition for the government to start labeling our foods correctly. Here is the link if you want to check it out..

http://justlabelit.org/
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I like them but they ate high in sodium so if I want them I work them into my daily sodium intake.
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oh man, I used to love these things! I stopped eating them for no reason really, maybe I just got tired of them?

The spicy black bean burgers and corn dogs were my jam!
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Gardein is my favorite vegetarian brand but it's hard to find a lot of their stuff around here. Their sweet and sour chick'n is so amazing.

I do eat Morningstar from time to time, a lot of it is pretty tasty. The sodium in this stuff is so high though! I'm trying to find a recipe I like for homemade veggie burgers and all of that.
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to like the Buffalo "Chicken" nuggets. I have stopped buying them after I found out about them fighting against prop 37 and that they use GMO...blech....