Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    ****ing terrible
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is basically the Cabbage Soup diet. You fill up on a lot of fiber and feel so bloated that you don't eat a lot of calories during the seven days. You DO lose weight, but the weight PLUS more comes back on when you begin eating a normal, healthy diet again. It hurts your metabolism. The only way to lose weight is to increase exercise and decrease food intake. I hate hearing that too and have done every fad diet in the book. I think everyone has been a little guilty of looking for that quick fix.

If you have a big event in a couple of weeks and want to lose a little water weight/pounds quickly, I would recommend lowering carb intake(as in carbs only found in veggies and fruit) and upping protein intake....Also increasing cardio during this time. However, a diet like that can only be maintained for a couple of weeks and can potentially hurt any REAL progress made by slowing down metabolism. It's also important to remember that GOOD carbs ie; whole grains, beans and sweet potatoes, give us the energy we need to give our bodies strength to get through the sweat sessions ahead in losing weight.

My advice is to lose the weight slow and steady, but I know from experience....Sometimes it just feels nice to be at a certain weight/clothing size when you go to a special event. Best of luck to you!

Good luck!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Just eat a deficit and move your body.

ZGxq4.gif
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Let me guess...........there's a deficit involved.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If I was on this diet, I would probably turn into satan.

hahaha!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Let me guess...........there's a deficit involved.

you shut your mouth.

just kidding.

we don't always agree, but when we do, I still have to turn it into a fight. :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It looks really, really stupid.

Yup. I can't comment further without risking a strike, so I'll just gracefully bow out now.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ]satan.gif

Sounds Hottt,

hahahahahaha jk
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    sticker,375x360.png
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    2012-04-23-devils-diet-lg.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    on the other hand, I would like to know what satan's actual diet is.

maybe all the foods that are banned in one religion or another?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason why people can't just do a moderate calorie deficit, hit their protein macros and lose weight that way? It's AMAZINGLY simple.

why the hell would anyone actually want to eat less when they can drink a gallon of unicorn piss and lose weight???

Where can I purchase this unicorn piss?

www.unicornmagicdiet.com

its on page 2 for 19.99 a gallon ....

see you there!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mkx3sfQMZg1qz4rgp.gif
  • ashleypfing
    ashleypfing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is old, but I just want to add...

Lots of people eat "raw vegan" and they are healthy, so what's the problem with having a couple days of eating fruits and veggies?
    It's 7 days, it's not going to do any long lasting negative damage to you.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Why is this called Satans diet? Honestly would turn into Satan if I did eat it. This is horrible.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Lots of people eat "raw vegan" and they are healthy, so what's the problem with having a couple days of eating fruits and veggies?

because it's unnecessary and possibly dangerous

all you do on diets like this is use up your glycogen stores, which results in loss of water weight, and you see a big drop in scale weight. it doesn't make you any thinner, and it doesn't make you any healthier. It, in fact, puts you at risk of health problems such as loss of bone density. there are no benefits to this diet, only a ton of risks, but hey they're really popular and lots of women are going to carry on doing them, because they love to see that great big drop of scale weight, because they think it somehow makes them a better person. It doesn't!!!

I lost 6lb in 2 days due to gastroenteritis. My skinfold was the same as it was before I got ill, in other words, none of those 6lb that i lost was fat. It was just glycogen and water that I lost. The only difference this loss of 6lb of glycogen and water made, was that my first workouts after getting sick really sucked bad and it took me about a week to regain my strength. Co-incidentally (not) my strength came back around the time I regained the weight I lost, because basically my body had finally replaced all the muscle glycogen that had been used up keeping my body going while I was ill and unable to eat anything, and so finally my muscles could function at their full capacity, instead of trying to function on an empty fuel tank. (glycogen fuels your muscles during exercise)

the sooner women stop basing their entire self esteem on a number of scale weight the better. Seriously.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    What a load of total poop. No wonder people do fad diets when BS like this is all over the net promising to make you 10 lbs lighter in a week, shakes head.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

It will if you're trying to lift heavy *kitten* **** in the gym every day while doing this diet. I personally would rather not collapse while in the squat rack from lack of decent food....
  • Long_Road
    Long_Road Posts: 14
    Options
    What would Jesus do?:wink:

See what I did there?:laugh:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    good lord....