Has MFP replaced your fb?

Options

Replies

• SheriKCourtney
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing... A good trade for sure!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yup MFP has definitely replaced my FB , I am on MFP all day - i just leave it open hop on to count my food and exercise check up on my friends and see how they are doing then go back to whatever it was I was doing that day! I check FB only a few times a week, and I don't miss it much! :smile:

Haha! Was just saying this to my mom! I care about my friends' successes on MFP!
    Good luck on your goals, everyone!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used to log into facebook every day, but I started realizing that almost 90% of the stuff in my news feed I couldn't care less about :P I never learned anything from facebook except how to take a picture of yourself with a duckface in a mirror... I think MFP is a much better "time waster" than facebook ever was. Plus, it's nice to be surrounded by people with similar goals and not the goal of "drinking til I puke every night all night so i can post pictures of how cool i am going to a party", lol.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yup!!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I keep both open, but MFP seems to be the best place to be! We all are here for the same reason! On Facebook, they dont' get me, and my fitness posts..and my weightloss posts...they get tired of me posting...here, people seem to be on the same page! MFP rocks!!

^^^ this!

Yes...MFP is the best! I am here so much more than Facebook!
  • rogueriverbrat
    rogueriverbrat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Facebook has changed alot of things an I am not happy about that , I do like playing the games on there and keeping in touch with family & friends ,I will have to say though that I really enjoy MFP More than Facebook It is Encouraging & I like reading the blogs
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • Shawnna_H
    Shawnna_H Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same this way...i think i have been on facebook once since i started here on MFP.....and even getting on FB that once it was for a whole 2-3min.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Definitely. I'm hardly on FB anymore.
  • giselle71
    giselle71 Posts: 19
    Options
    I deleted my account....such a waste of time! MFP rocks!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm here more. On FB, people were always posting pics of food with recipes. I can't handle that!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i haven't had facebook for about 3 years because on canada day a drunk ex told me he was looking through my pictures wondering "what happened to me" because of my weight gain. he said i used to be so pretty and now i'm just fat.

so, after telling him i'm going to kick his *kitten*, i hung up and cried lol. then went and deactivated my facebook account.

i don't miss it. but yes MFP had taken it's place. and i love it!
  • ainsleybtown
    Options
    i haven't had facebook for about 3 years because on canada day a drunk ex told me he was looking through my pictures wondering "what happened to me" because of my weight gain. he said i used to be so pretty and now i'm just fat.

so, after telling him i'm going to kick his *kitten*, i hung up and cried lol. then went and deactivated my facebook account.

what an *kitten*! you look gorgeous in your profile pic.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I use both equally. I still use Facebook to keep in touch with my close friends and family.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options

what an *kitten*! you look gorgeous in your profile pic.
    awe thank you very much :)
    he doesn't matter now, but it did hurt at the time.

once i'm in shape, i'll post new pictures and once he tries to contact me (which i know he will), i will tell him to suck it :)
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Oh hellz yeah. I only stay on FB bc of all my pics they are holding hostage.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have a very one track mind. Other than working and raising my kids, fitness is pretty much all I think about. I figure people on fb get as tired of me posting about that as I do of them repeatedly sharing stupid recipes and crap. So I don't use it very much anymore.
  • inkwithgold
    inkwithgold Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So far, MFP hasn't replaced my Facebooking, but some days I find myself on MFP more than others...
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I like the tools to count calories and workouts on here, but outside a few on topic posts. I don't really read the forums. FB is different because almost everybody I'm connected to, sans a few followers, I have met face to face and have interactions with in real time. The rest is events invites, I stay connected with the communities I'm most involved with and build my day to day schedule there.

Nothing wrong with MFP at all. Its just different.
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure! Although the ads here freeze up the page :angry: