30 Day Shred Results and My Story So Far with Pics...

Options
claire671
claire671 Posts: 93 Member
Hey guys, so bare with me I haven't uploaded pictures before so lets hope they work!

I'm Claire, 25 from Scotland in the UK. I have been on quite a few diets in my time, shake diets, the packaged food delivered to your door, Slimming World etc. Each time losing the weight during and then putting it back on as soon as it was over. When I fell pregnant last year I completely relaxed my attitude towards food and just ate everything. I was on first name terms with the guys at my local Indian Takeaway. Not good! By the end of my pregnancy I was big, not only was I carrying a 9lb 12oz son in my tummy I was also carrying around 36lbs of gained weight. I was ready to get it off as soon as I was fit and able. My son was born on 24th October 2012.

Here I am 10 days before I had my son weighing 15 stone 2 (212lbs):

Screenshot_2013-04-28-12-32-48_1_zpsa38abf48.jpg

6 weeks later here I am weighing 14 stone 4 (200lbs):

Screenshot_2013-04-28-12-32-15_1_zps0ca8abd3.jpg

I was eating relatively well, trying to get some weight off but I was doing zero exercise as I was still recovering from my son's birth. On 3rd January of this year, I had my first night out with some friends and when I saw the pictures I was shocked. This is what made me really step things up a gear:

Weigh 13 stone exactly here (182lbs):

Screenshot_2013-04-28-12-31-54_1_zpsbda1d878.jpg

I started walking and making better food choices. Then I discovered MFP and learned so much! I could eat and still lose weight (who knew?!) and I've just kept on going since then getting down to pre-pregnancy weight, 11 stone 10 (164lbs), by 1st April and now my next goal is in my sights: 10 stone 10lbs (150lbs) which takes me into a healthy BMI.

SO, what you all want to see!

I started out on the 30 Day Shred on 25th March. I'd owned the DVD for years and never even attempted it before but the poor weather in Scotland made me realise I needed something I could do indoors and at home. I did 6 days on and one rest day so 5 weeks to complete the program. I did the odd walk and dance class amongst it but the shred was really my only source of exercise.

Starting Stats / End Result = Total Lost:

Height: 5'5
Weight: 165 / 157 = 8lbs lost
Chest: 33.5 / 29.5 = 4 inches lost
Waist: 40.5 / 36 = 4.5 inches lost
Hips: 43.5 / 40.5 = 3 inches lost
Left Thigh: 23 / 22 = 1 inch lost
Right Thigh: 23 / 22 = 1 inch lost
Left Arm: 12 / 11.25 = 0.75 of an inch lost
Right Arm: 12.5 / 11 = 1.5 inches lost
Body Fat %: 32 / 23.8 = 8.2% lost

Now for some pictures. Please be kind! I still have a LONG way to go but I am so happy so far. My ultimate goal weight is 10 stone 10lbs (150lbs) so to be so close means I'm definitely going to set myself a new one!!

Left is before the shred, right is after.

0bae3430-0a3b-4673-9fcf-28f1c2177803_zps0c467f33.jpg

PhotoGrid_1367225141281_zps6f4b2301.jpg

PhotoGrid_1367225179223_zps2f1cc8f8.jpg

I still have a slight overhang with my tummy but I can now tuck that into my underwear which I couldn't do before!! It tightens up more everyday.

Anyway, thanks so much for reading. I love MFP and the support it has given me has been amazing. Long may it continue!

Claire x

Replies

• thenpluck
    thenpluck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, your results are amazing, well done girly!! I did 30DS about a month ago and lost inches but not really any weight, really well done thats some awesome dedication!
  • shaxmath
    shaxmath Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! I'm starting the 30 Day Shred tomorrow & judging by your results, I'm feeling optimistic. Thanks for sharing & well done!
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow, Well Done amazing Job! You looks great !
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    These are some of the best 30DS results I have seen!

I just bought the DVD and plan to start tomorrow, so your pictures have really inspired me. You look amazing!
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    Awesome job :)!
  • Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing results x
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    Way to go girl! Your results are awesome. I absolutely love seeing people post their results because it helps to keep me motivated. I'm going to start 30 day shred again today and actually finish it this time. :)
  • keepitoff321
    keepitoff321 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring and motivating! Thank you for sharing your story! :smile:
  • ggirls08
    ggirls08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Amazing - all in just over a month!! :)
  • slw86
    slw86 Posts: 2
    Options
    well done :) im starting 30 day shred when it arrives this week :) your photos have really gave me an extra boost to complete the 30 days. xx
  • happyseal23
    Options
    Wow, I see a huge difference!! All in 5 weeks?! Great job!! :D

I'm starting 30 DS tomorrow, and your story is really inspiring! Thanks so much!
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow! I only lost around 7lbs with the 30DS and about 5 inches allover and im much bigger than you.. well done!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    So Awesome! You are doing Great!! Thanks for pictures, I am doing 30DS right now and needed that motivation. GREAT JOB.
  • Iwillxceed
    Iwillxceed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! way to stay consistant! your story inspires me to stay focused, thanks for sharing!
  • shastar01
    shastar01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I also have the 30 day shred, but I am curious ... how many calories do you think it burns? I can not decide what to list i the excercise portion of fitness pal.
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    amazing...wtg keep up the good work
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's it I'm buying it! U have done amazing keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!