NSV - I'm the crazy girl crying on the treadmill :-)

Options
maryannelk
maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
Heavy all my life with the resulting fears, insecurities and shame. When I've worked out in the past, I would lift and walk inclines on the treadmill. This time, I wanted to try something else (still lifting!) so I'm doing the C25K. Today, I did W6 D3 - jogging for 25 minutes - no stopping. When that popped up on the app, for a split second, I thought about ditching it. But then I DECIDED that I would do it, no matter what. And I did! Not only that, I jogged an extra minute to get to 2.0 miles. (Yes, I am very slow!) I am 47 years old and have NEVER jogged for 2.0 miles straight in my entire life. But I did it today! And I will do more!

When it was over, I just broke down and cried. I am so freaking proud of myself! (I'm sure the people at the Lifetime Fitness in Canton think I'm nuts!) Thank you MFP and C25K! And thank you to me for deciding to do this. I am amazing myself!

Replies

• nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Good job!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    *claps* bravo, darling! congratulations!!!!
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That is SO amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is an amazing accomplishment!!!
  • grundylady
    grundylady Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Congrats!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love this! Congratulations! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I cried too, but I was outside in front of all my neighbors. It is an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    That's WONDERFUL!! You're awesome :)
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Well done.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to what you just said, just recently I started running on the treadmill which I never thought I could run. You’re doing awesome incorporating weight training with running I am doing the same thing. I run for about 3 miles. Who would ever thought I could run. I use to weigh 350lbs, I am in the best shape ever. I still have about 30 pounds more to lose. I am about 165-170 lbs at the moment. It is a struggle so trust me I know. I am proud of you!! You’re not nuts your determined!! If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    AWWW....that is GREAT! :wink:
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is an amazing accomplishment!! Thanks for sharing your great story. Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's fantastic. You'll be at 3 miles before you know it!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    CLAP, CLAP - U ROCK!! :drinker:
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!

I did C25K last year and before the end of the year I ran my first half marathon. Like you I was never a runner, in fact I didn't run, I also remember doing C25K and thinking there was no way I would ever get to 30 minutes of running. Then that happened and I kept pushing it to the next level. I wanted to see how far I could take it. Next thing I knew I could run for a full hour and then decided there was going to be a half marathon in my future and I signed up for one.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I felt the same way not too long ago. Good job and no one thinks your crazy...at least not for crying on the treadmill. :drinker:
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I cried after I jogged outside for the first time. Great NSV!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a like button. :)
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!