NSV - I'm the crazy girl crying on the treadmill :-)

Options

Replies

• Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Good luck in the future; as long as you keep at it, you'll keep getting better.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I cried for the first 2 months on the elliptical... 60 mins on and tears all the way...

Proud of you internet stranger person!
  • fluffywelshsheep
    fluffywelshsheep Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done especially for pushing yourself that extra bit to get to 2 miles :) It's not the beginning or the end it's journey you take :)
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You deserve a happy cry, that's really a goal to be proud of.
    You're doing a great job!
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment!!
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work.
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Keep it up!!
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    G8 job! :flowerforyou:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!

I can't wait to get back into C25k myself. =)
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you - YOU'RE A RUNNER!!!

Like many others on here, I, too, have found the runner in me and cried and celebrated just the way you are now! In fact, last March I ran a 10K without stopping - it took me about 80-90 minutes, but I never stopped to walk! It was by far the best feeling in the world when I crossed that finish line!

Keep up the great work - you are very inspiring and thank you for sharing such an inspirational NSV!

(edited b/c I'm dumb and posted this before I finished typing... LOL)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the hard work and dedication!

ETA: I tried c25K on a couple of occasions and could never make the leap from week 3 to week 4. It was a huge mental block for me to run 1/2 mile. I'm glad it worked for you.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to what you just said, just recently I started running on the treadmill which I never thought I could run. You’re doing awesome incorporating weight training with running I am doing the same thing. I run for about 3 miles. Who would ever thought I could run. I use to weigh 350lbs, I am in the best shape ever. I still have about 30 pounds more to lose. I am about 165-170 lbs at the moment. It is a struggle so trust me I know. I am proud of you!! You’re not nuts your determined!! If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia

Nadia, What a beautiful achievement. Your a stunner.
    And OP..Crying is our bodies way of releasing heart poison.Its magic. Your brilliant.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! Good for you!

I'm doing C25K also. I'm about to start week 8. Isn't it amazing to think of yourself as a RUNNER?! Holy cow, girlfriend... YOU ARE A RUNNER. :happy:

High 5 to you for your accomplishment!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Now you're hooked! Next thing you know you'll be signing up for 5ks and talking about P.R.s! And hanging out with sweaty people who wear t-shirts that say things like "I run for food" and "I'm a drinker with a running problem"! LOL - that's great! (53 yo former couch potato in training for her second 1/2 marathon which is this Saturday and also hooked!)

I'll do just about anything for a drinking t-shirt! Congrats on your 1/2 marathon!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    AWWWWW....I get it:) good for you! Congrats! how exciting!!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you - YOU'RE A RUNNER!!!

Like many others on here, I, too, have found the runner in me and cried and celebrated just the way you are now! In fact, last March I ran a 10K without stopping - it took me about 80-90 minutes, but I never stopped to walk! It was by far the best feeling in the world when I crossed that finish line!

Keep up the great work - you are very inspiring and thank you for sharing such an inspirational NSV!

(edited b/c I'm dumb and posted this before I finished typing... LOL)

You are very inspirational!! 10K? Hmmm...something to strive for!
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love this!

Congratulations! There are more of these milestones in your future :)
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When it was over, I just broke down and cried. I am so freaking proud of myself! (I'm sure the people at the Lifetime Fitness in Canton think I'm nuts!) Thank you MFP and C25K! And thank you to me for deciding to do this. I am amazing myself!

Actually I bet the people at the gym were thinking "this girl just accomplished something huge - this is awesome!". Excellent job!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!! I cried the first time I ran 1 whole mile so I totally understand the emotion. Keep it up. You have conquered that mind game that is running 5kms so the rest will be a piece of cake. Enjoy your newfound status as a runner.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing. You did awesome. And hey, if they think you are crazy they will at least say look at the crazy girl on the treadmill rather than the crazy girl on the couch!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!