Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Totally
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, you raise an interesting question. I don't want to throw water on your enthusiasm, but you need to think seriously about this and do your homework. Anything that is invasive may cause problems as you get older. I am a breast cancer survivor (r breast). Between the lumpectomies and the radiation, that breast was about half the size of the other before reduction surgery! I started as a DDD in both sides. In addition I have lost about 60 pounds, and am going through the same thing as many of you, new bras, then they're too large, etc. etc. I am down to a D which is a very nice place to be.

I did have reduction surgery on my left(noncancerous) breast about 5 years ago. Imnderstand that it won't just be taking off skin here and there, but completely reconstructing the breast. It was really, really not fun. ( But I had complications you won't have - the radiation from the other side made the skin not heal, so a six week recovery took six months.) But so far no cancer from having the surgery done. Crossing my fingers. Do your homework and be sure to ask your sugeon the questions about what may happen down the road if you do it. I am glad I did it because the weight difference kept my left shoulder always sore, and I needed two different cup sizes, etc. etc. But it was an ordeal.

Just remember that any time you mess with the body tissue, it could cause problems as you get older. Depends on the person. I'm not sure i understand why it works that way, but it does for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Never- I would never add weight to my chest. Particularly weight that is not natural. In fact, when I am done losing - I am having a reduction. Having had bug breasts all my life- not fun.
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've currently lost 97 lbs and have another 123 to go to hit my goal weight. I started this journey last yr with 46 DDDs. And to be honest - one side could have probably gone up another cup size as I have always been considerably lopsided and uneven.
    I currently am wearing a 42DD - but I fill up alot of the cup with extra skin (UGH!) - and they hang FLAT against me now! They have always hung somewhat - Pendulous is what my mother called them. But now there is no lift, nothing!

I know that at some point I am going to need a whole body over haul. And I am ho[eful that insurance or a miracle will allow me to do that when it's time. But for the breast - whether I get the other or not- as soon as I hit my goal weight - I am finding the money from somewhere to get some implants! It will be my reward for all my hard work!
  • bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    If they could put them back to what I was before I gained - 32 near A, then yes. I'm in a C cup now and I hate these things
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't.

i'd get fat sucked out before i had fake boobs put in.

i like that people look at my face first, instead of my boobies. makes me feel smart.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Getting a new set is my reward for maintaining my weight loss for 1 full year :-)
  • sterlingraptor
    sterlingraptor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have DD's now and would love for them to be smaller. My family also has a history of breast cancer, so I don't want to do anything that might exacerbate my risks. More than likely, once I hit 40, I will opt for the voluntary mastectomy. I've had cancer once and seriously don't want to deal with treatment again.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    If I had the money, hell yes. Just make sure you research thoroughly, both the procedure and the surgeon you choose if you do decide to get it done.

And the maintenance procedures / cost afterwards must also go into the planning.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Yes.

The shape of mine has become awful since losing weight and breastfeeding my daughter. They no longer feel like MY breasts. If I could afford cosmetic surgery, I would do it.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    no and hell no.
    they're just tits! there are so many ongoing risks of complications.
    and the only person who is going to see them will be the person who should accept my minor physical flaws.

besides which, there are way better things to do with the money.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Why not?

My wife and I are both saving for a procedure at year end:

Me-liposculpting around flank and lower abdomen
    Wife- Lift and tummy tuck
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I always thought I wouldn't, but I'm starting to think that maybe I would They are a C now I'm happy with that, but would like them to be perkier!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those freaks who has managed to keep her boobs despite losing ... I only went from an E cup to a DD cup, so I'm lucky,

But I'm still losing so they could be next!!!

If they disappear I would definitely consider it, everyone feels differently about their girls :-)

I'm one of those "freaks" too.

I suually straddle the C/D line wearing 36Cs or 34Ds. I bought a bunch of 36C bras and they are too small. I have lost 15lbs! :angry: I don't understand. I went bra shopping on Saturday..... the one that fit was a 36D. I feel like I got bigger instead of smaller. I used to wear smaller sizes when I was 40lbs heavier.

Weird.

Now I am actually HOPING to go down in size so I can wear all those cute bras I bought that I can't fit into! :grumble:
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm back to being the same bra size I was aged 13! I don't mind, I've lost 34 pounds and I never had generous boobs anyway, with the weight-loss they were pretty much guaranteed to go. I suggest to my OH that he may prefer to fondle my shoulder blades lol, joking aside, they may be small but those nipples work just fine :blushing: so I'll not be getting anything done!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for an " uplift" as I type ;)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i would if they affected my confidence or my relationship with my husband.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Shoot yes, I sure would if I could!!!! I am on Coumadin for a mechanical heart valve and no doctor will want to cut me open to do a boob job unfortunately, but I would do it in a heartbeat if I could!!!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes... Mine have always been small and I've never liked the shape.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Mine were awful after breastfeeding 2 kids for 2 years and losing all of my weight.

It was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I didn't go too big, just enough to feel confident in a bikini.

It has been almost 9 years and I still love mine!