Brides to be, where are you?!?1

Options

Replies

• skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Soon to be bride right here!! Getting married in December of this year. The goal is to lose 50lbs at least but its possible that I may even hit my goal weight (78lb loss) by then. Feel free to add me ... I'm pretty supportive and I'm always posting things to motivate/inspire my friends. =)
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    August 10th and I am not losing for the wedding. Getting fit is for me and looking better at the wedding is just gravy ... that I dont eat!!
  • freshness220
    freshness220 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!!!! Gettin married in last thann100 days n I feel fat!!!! Wahhhh :( help me please!!!!
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    June (15th) bride right here. Switched to full Paleo recently & have been dropping the pounds effortlessly and deliciously! Feel free to add me as a friend but please include a brief note with the request. Good luck to all the brides out there getting ready for their big day!
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    Getting married June 23rd of this year. Less then 2 months away! I have lost about 10 lbs and lots of inches since December/january. I am doing the 30 DS right now and focusing on toning vs losing weight. I am pretty happy with my body other then my belly so I am focusing on slow fat loss and toning. I will be scheduling my first fitting here in the next 2 weeks. When I bought my dress, I was already going to need it take in some in the hips and a tiny bit in the bust (size down was too tight in the bust) so I am sure it will need more alterations than I did then.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Getting married on the 4th of July! I bought a dress that is AMAZING, but you could see my belly button in it, so I've lost 11 pounds, plan to lose 15 more before the big day. Its a lace up back so I can lose 30 and still fit but I know I wont, also focusing on toning the arms up!

Anyone can join me, I'm super talkative and always post on peoples stuff!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I've decided to just get my workouts in, drink heaps of water, add yoga into the mix and not stress weight loss so much...I'd love to lose 5-6 pounds but I'd be perfectly happy with just eating healthily and reducing the bloat in my midsection. I plan to take it easy at 1/2 pound per week after talking to my fiancé who doesn't support me losing weight at all. If I lose great, if I don't that's fine too...my dress fits and I don't NEED to lose, I simply WANT TO.
  • gemk
    gemk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all you lovely brides to be! I'm getting married aug 31st, I've been doing mfp since jan and and I'm where I want to be now :-) just want to maintain and tone up as much as poss. Love having bride friends, really exciting, feel free to add me xxx
  • lcamilli
    lcamilli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I am a November 30th, 2013 bride here! Trying to get myself in gear and ready for the wedding / photos that will stay with me for my lifetime / just get myself to a happy and confident place.

I bought my wedding dress after a week visiting my two best friends in New Orleans - needless to say, that probably wasn't the best idea. But, good news is, that it fit then and she said because of the corset back it can give or come in a few inches. I wouldn't even mind paying extra in alterations if I am able to move down the scale even further!

Anyways, I started with a few meal replacement shakes and counting carbs/calories and that got me about 8 lbs. But, since then I have had a lot of social events and have been struggling.

I am doing a boudoir photo shoot for the FHs wedding gift and have like a few weeks to get in shape for that. Regardless, he'll love the gift, but I wish I could have found a later date for that.

How do you all handle the social life / parties/ summer and still stay on track? I find it so hard to get a good balance between the two!

Feel free to add me on here :)
  • holycrapbatgirl
    holycrapbatgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm getting married November 23 2013! It's on my grandparents anniversary. I have already lost 25 pounds. Just excited lol
  • Kaci86Descutner
    Kaci86Descutner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Getting hitched September 21. I've been slacking alot, and really need to get back on track as well. I'd like to lose about 10 more lbs, and tone all areas possible. I bought the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred DVD and will be starting it this evening. And once the weather warms up and stays clear Ill be walking, jogging, and running. Also, keep drinking LOTS and LOTS of water :)

Good Luck.. Hope you get to where you'd like to be :)
  • losethehandles
    Options
    Getting married October 2013! I'm hoping to lose about 15-20 by that time. We can do this!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Not a bride to be but I do work for bridal shop as a model. My profile pic shows to very different verisons of me in a wedding dresses.
  • intosk8ers2003
    intosk8ers2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My wedding date is 11/09 and I would like to lose atleast 60 lbs. I've been logging for a month now and started then quit exercising. I've gotta stick with it though time is slowing closing in.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry so much about the weight as how toned you are...

Focus on arms/back/shoulders so tricep dips, shoulder presses, bicep curls, etc to get that upper body looking smashing for your big day. Targeted lifting.

Weight loss is always a good goal but you can't target where you'll lose it and chances are you'll lose it from somewhere UNDER that dress of yours. Good luck!
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm definitely sending some friend requests out! My wedding is October 5th of this year and my dress is on order. I've lost about 20lbs and almost 10" since ordering it earlier this year and am planning to keep that trend going.

I'm doing strength training 2-3x a week and my personal trainer knows "bride arms" are top on my list! I've seen improvements but it's slow going (which I know is the right way, just ugh...frustrating!).

My dress is definitely going to need alterations, which I knew anyway, so I'm not worried about fitting into it since I bought it to fit me at that time. I just want to feel good about myself in it!

Feel free to add me as well, I try to be supportive!
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 15th! I am slowly losing so I might not lose much before the wedding but I do need to work on my arms and back!!!! :drinker:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I wouldn't worry so much about the weight as how toned you are...

Focus on arms/back/shoulders so tricep dips, shoulder presses, bicep curls, etc to get that upper body looking smashing for your big day. Targeted lifting.

Weight loss is always a good goal but you can't target where you'll lose it and chances are you'll lose it from somewhere UNDER that dress of yours. Good luck!

"toned" and weight loss (or fat loss specifically) generally go hand in hand and you can't spot reduce either--so you might be able to tighten things a bit but you kind of have to focus on dropping some fat in order to look fit.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on FRIDAY!!!! aahhhh!

And listen to Cici! Do lots of push ups. There are plenty of undergarments for your tummy, but your arms and shoulders are out there for the world to see!
  • waterfaeriegirl
    Options
    October bride here! I would love to just get down to a healthy weight by my wedding. 15 lbs should be doable between then and now. I would love any tips/suggestions for making my arms look pretty. My waist/hip area will be well hidden by my dress.