How much do you pay a month for fitness?

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe the amount of money everyone pays for gym memberships..

I am just baffled by this... sorry

Yes, but I am sure your hubby is happy that people are willing to pay for these things :)
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Ok so wait... you are baffled because you'd thought gyms would be cheaper or because you have the opportunity to not have to pay for one and are surprised people pay anything at all? You said your husband is a personal trainer, so I'm guessing he has clients and he charges those clients correct? Are you also baffled that they pay him?
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Yes, but I am sure your hubby is happy that people are willing to pay for these things :)

Whew, glad I wasn't the only one who caught that! :noway:
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I pay $35 a month for gym membership with 24 hour access. I have had one session with a trainer which was $40. Any additional sessions will be $25. I live in a very rural small town area.
  • joystick1
    joystick1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    £12.99 a month @ klick Fitness
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    We pay annually so we can receive a discount. For two adults and one child, our membership is $78/month. This includes classes, cardio machines, weight room, indoor and outdoor pool. They have "speciality" classes like TRX, Crossfit bootcamps, etc. but those are additional.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nothing, walking,running,sit ups, push ups, are all free.....
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    $11 a month for a membership at the base gym - pool, cardio, weight room, bowling alley, squash, you name it.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I pay $29.99/month (LA Fitness) and its money well spent (when I use it). It includes all of the aerobic/spinning classes, free weights, machine weights, swimming, racquetball, and a "movie theater" room that plays movies while you work out (I personally enjoy working out on the elliptical/bike in a darkened room :-)

I recently started going to the gym during my lunch so its definitely helping me to cut back on my eating out expenses for lunch - I'd spend $30 in 2-3 days eating out.
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Approximately $144/month. I do two pilates class a week outside of what I do at home. I love it, it's helping so I'm not giving it up.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    Pay $0 for the gym and about 3 dollars a class or $14 a month for the pool...sometimes it pays to live on a military installation.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    YMCA membership here is around $40 a month. Non-food supplements and vitamins are around $30. Worth every penny when I measure it against the improvement in my quality of life.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    $ 0.00

Paid $ 120 once for Insanity, and I have it for life. Other than that I got dumbbels that I paid $ 40 for, got that for life... I do bodyweight training and just use my dumbbells for weights.

I find the gym to be a waste of time and money.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options

Whew, glad I wasn't the only one who caught that! :noway:

Lol yes personal training can be very expensive many people are actually very hesitant to spend money on a trainer. Which is why I focus alot on online personal training which is even less per month than a planet fitness membership! I don't like that personal training has become a luxury. That's why I focus on my online training where you can get programs that you can use in your own home :)
  • jamzinaz
    jamzinaz Posts: 2
    Options
    I pay a lot more then what's mentioned here, but I go to a gym that specializes in Personal Training/Small Group classes. Most of the group classes are less than 15 people, and every trainer knows your name and fitness level. I work out with my trainer 5 times a month, and he motivates me. They are also really good about helping me with nutrition and general guidance. For just the group classes at my gym, it's $189 a month, which is unlimited group training sessions. It also includes 3 personal training sessions when you sign up to get you familiar with the equipment and mindset. For my plan including monthly personal training and unlimited group, it's $349. For me it's worth it, I have the motivation and support I need to get thru it, and I'm seeing results. I can't imaging going anywhere else, especially a big gym where you are lucky if the recognize your face let alone know your name.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    $120 / month for running road races (and keep me motivated). It is worth it, my health is much better now, and I have less doctor's visits. :smile:
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I go to a New York Sports Club and pay a little more than $50 per month plus an annual "maintenance" fee of about $50, which holds that rate permanently. It's a bit more expensive than other gyms options in the general area (Retro Fitness, Gold's, Planet Fitness, LA Fitness, etc.), but it's located literally next to my office so the convenience is worth the expense to me. Plus, lunch time is often the only time that I have to work out due to working two jobs (9 - 5:30 and 6 - 11).
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I currently pay $10.00 a month at planet fitness!!:laugh: :laugh: A good value for me ... and the gym is only 2 miles from my home. :smile:
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    0.0 $ if you are asking about gym fees ..
    but I have some lifting weights. and DVDs for workouts .. but nothing expensive.. all less than 20 $
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i pay nothing. i workout a home using dvds i buy at walmart or amazon for $15/less, find youtube videos, & walk at least 4 miles daily (weather permitting). my budget is limited but this works for me & i'd rather be outside walking in the blazing hot sun ( i love the heat ) & working on my tan than inside a gym. do what works for you.