200 Situp challenge

Options
Inspired by the 100 Pushup challenge (and the fact that my DH bet me he would get a sixpack faster than me)...I'm wondering who would like to join me on the 200 situp challenge as well? After all it is summer and we still have time to show off our abs before they get covered up by sweaters and layers :)

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well I cant do 200 actual sit ups because my midsection gets in the way. ha ha That will change soon enough. So how ofter do you do 200 *crunches*? Everyday for how many days in a row?
  • bryan_yauger
    Options
    I am up for the challenge, but I have to change my diet as well as this is the main part of being able to see the washboard. I am pretty close to seeing them without flexing, so give me some details of this program and let me know. I try to cover about 350 every other day or every two days of total ab work.

Thanks,

Bryan
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. Will start tonight. :D
  • cw200
    cw200 Posts: 3
    Options
    ill join, i already try to do 75 a day. :)
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this challenge again. I originally started back in Jan, and my group kinda bailed so I quit too. I did week 4 Day 1 today, with 66 max on the last set, for a grand total of 200 today!
    Here's the link that details the program:
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html

Glad to have some others that are doing it too, so we can all lend each other some encouragement :smile:
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry, here is the link for the program: http://www.twohundredsitups.com

cw200, I also scored in the top category, which means we can start the program on "week 3".
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've done this and the progress you make wil amaze you but you all need to go onto the 200 situp site for the instructions. Enjoy!:smile::smile:
  • Blondebookworm
    Blondebookworm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge ;)
    I try to do about 300 already ;D With weights and stuff at the gym.. ;D I mean they're kind of slightly different.. I'll do my sides and I'll lift my legs in the air and then I'll do normal ones on this do it yourself machine.. and then I'll do the reg. with about 10 pounds .. and small crunches with a 25 weight and a twist thingy... :) I guess so far it's working... I spend about 30 minutes on my abs everyday and so far I'm losing about a pound a day ;P After an hour of cardio.. ;)

But I'll do it!!!!! I'll even do it on my floor!
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    I'm down! I am going to do the 200 sit up and 100 push up challenge. I want to look awesome on my honeymoon next summer, but I'd rather look awesome this summer too :)
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Read the instructions I will only be doing column 1 and might have to do each week 2 or 3 times before progressing to the next 1 as I have fibromyalgia so it will take a lot more than 6 weeks for me but I'm willing to give it a go
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm game!
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm game!
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been needing to add an abs workout and this seems to be a good way to jump start so thanks for posting. I also tested to start at week 3 and plan to do the program Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Do you guys plan to start together or jump in as you want??
    Katie
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm trying to make sure that my sit-ups are FBI approved, and I find the number I can do is *dramatically* decreased when doing them "right"
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in too!
  • jojospaghettio
    jojospaghettio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll start at the gym tonight!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm game.
    I was upset that I can't do the pushup challenge because of my toe. THIS I can do!
    I'll start tonight!
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to join!!! I already do 150 so yes!!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Count me in!