I need to lose 35 pounds by August.

Options
I'm 5'3 and 173 pounds. I need to get down to 140. I want to do this before August. I have Insanity and 30 Day Shred and Zumba. I want to be able to incorporate all of these during the weightloss journey. I also want a short exercise routine to do as soon as I wake up. I would also like an example diet plan for 1200 calories. Keep in mind that I don't like to eat lunch at school. I usually jut bring a small snack like fruit or pretzels. Any advice you can give me would be great! Thank you! -Jess.

Exactly what I want in an answer is an excercise plan including Insanity,30 Day Shred,and Zumba and some running. I also need a short morning exercise routine. And I need an example diet plan for a 1200 calorie diet with a small snack for lunch instead of a meal.

Also if you want to give me some advice and actually talk to me,KIK me: sweetypie726

Replies

• rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That's a big goal you have! I'm your height and a few lbs lighter. Realistically (for *me*) I hope to drop another 15 lbs by August ~ and that may be on the high side figuring there's only about 12 weeks til than (I can't belive how quick! LOL).

Set your mind to it and good luck! What's up in August? Something special?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Did you want someone to spoon feed you as well?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Are you in high school?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    KIK me: sweetypie726

This is the only part of the post that I read , sorry
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Did you want someone to spoon feed you as well?
    ^This. A little demanding, are we?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Three pounds each week over twelve weeks isn't going to be realistic for you at your degree of fat mass, sorry. Shooting for 12-15 lbs would be a lot more achievable.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one who thinks she is demanding! geez!

My advice OP is make you own plan pick a workout and just do it. Read through people's diary's to get menu/ meal plan ideas.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I want in an answer is an excercise plan including Insanity,30 Day Shred,and Zumba and some running. I also need a short morning exercise routine.

Monday evening: Chest/Back
    Tuesday morning: 8 miles warm up and then five 30 second strides at 95%
    Wed morning: Easy 6 miles
    Wed night: Arms, triceps and biceps
    Thurs Morning: 2 miles warmup and then 2 x 3 miles at a 8:30 - 8:40 pace, 1 mile cool down
    Friday Morning: Medium - light leg strength training
    Friday (or Sat.) night: Shoulders
    Saturday morning: Easy 6 miles
    Sunday morning: 5 miles steady at 9:30, 3 miles @ 8:40 - 9:00 pace, 6 miles steady. (14 miles total)

I don't know about the zumba part but this sounds like insanity and it includes some running. Don't forget to eat plenty of calories. 1200 calories would make a good breakfast. Enjoy.
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Once again another one poster looking for a quick fix. THese posts should be deleted immediately
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You do understand that MFP is a calorie counter tool, right? This isn't weight watchers or jenny craig.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    KIK you? How old are you? I have a feeling too young.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    We don't work for you. You need to figure out your own plan, and then people will be happy to help you tweak it, but please don't expect anyone here to design a workout schedule for you.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    35 pounds by August is a bit ambitious. How about 20?

Aim for 400 calories 3 times a day plus two 100 calorie snacks.

Do the Insanity workout schedule.

You're welcome.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I want in an answer is an excercise plan including Insanity,30 Day Shred,and Zumba and some running. I also need a short morning exercise routine.

Thurs Morning: 2 miles warmup and then 2 x 3 miles at a 8:30 - 8:40 pace, 1 mile cool down
    Sunday morning: 5 miles steady at 9:30, 3 miles @ 8:40 - 9:00 pace, 6 miles steady. (14 miles total)

I don't know about the zumba part but this sounds like insanity and it includes some running. Don't forget to eat plenty of calories. 1200 calories would make a good breakfast. Enjoy.

Awesome...I really think OP should give this a go!

And...am I too old because I have no idea what KIK is?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

^^^^^This is AWESOME!!!
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awww, don't be mean to her, she's super young and doesn't know much about real life yet :) Girl, you have to sit down and design your own plan....only you know your schedule and resources for food etc. Ask your mom for a personal trainer or nutritionist to help you if you can't do this stuff on your own.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 173 pounds. I need to get down to 140. I want to do this before August. I have Insanity and 30 Day Shred and Zumba. I want to be able to incorporate all of these during the weightloss journey. I also want a short exercise routine to do as soon as I wake up. I would also like an example diet plan for 1200 calories. Keep in mind that I don't like to eat lunch at school. I usually jut bring a small snack like fruit or pretzels.

Hey there :) So first off this reply is NOT going to give you all the answers, but I will try to throw in some helpful suggestions. I am 5'6 with a SW of 165 (though I think it was higher like 170/175), CW is 131.5 lbs and GW is 125 lbs. I've lost 33.5 lbs so far since September. Yes that's 7 months but honestly I feel awesome about that and with the changes I've made, I don't think it's coming back :P

First off ditch the pretzels LOL. They are probably completely covered in salt and if you tend to eat pretzels most days you may have what I call salt cravings (I used to so I know what it's like). I used to add salt to everything and loved salty foods like chips, fries, etc. But salt isn't good for you. I'm not saying to cut it ALL out (that can be hard sometimes), but try to limit your salt intake :) Also salt tends to cause your body to retain water making your scale weight higher. Also I would try to start (if possible) to eat lunch at school because this will prevent you from snacking (which I ALWAYS did in school when I skipped lunch). Also.. drink water. Lots and lots of water. Not sure what your diet is like currently but try to cut out "liquid calories" from pop, juices, etc. :)

And finally, chances are 1200 calories is too low, ESPECIALLY if you expect to do all those work out dvds and zumba!!!! Don't starve yourself girl or your body will not react the way you want! lol. And most importantly, have patience. Seriously. 40 lbs in that time frame might be a little unrealistic unless you were on the biggest loser or something (which fyi, they don't all stay skinny!). Sure there are "weight loss miracles" out there that promise big results, but they are usually not healthy! And really if health is your main goal, then your weight will drop :)

Good luck!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Insanity
    Day 2: Run
    Day 3: 30DS
    Day 4: Run
    Day 5: Zumba
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Insanity
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're just going overwork you're self. You're gonna be deprived, sore, exhausted and you're not going to want to continue with your weightloss journey. I tried something similar in January and gave up. Aiming for 1-2 pounds a week would be much smarter. stick to netting 1300-1500 calories daily and do some cardio 5-6 times weekly ideally for 30-60 minutes. Remember to eat back your calories, and make sure they're good ones! I've lost 5 pounds in three weeks doing this but I expect it to slow down alot as I was eating like a pig and getting no exercise before.