New Clothes For A Shrinking Body...and bit more.

Options

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, so inspirational. God bless you for sharing!!! And good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The huge smile on your face speaks volumes! :flowerforyou:
  • kittpitt
    kittpitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats ,and all the best in your new life chapter!:happy:
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story. It's very inspiring. I wish you continued success.
  • amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look great! And your eyes are just shining with happiness! I can't wait to feel proud of myself too!
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    You have written such a lovely post. You look so much better (happier and lighter) now. Thanks for sharing a bit of your life besides the weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • kgillis87
    kgillis87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your story! Very inspiring, and so lovely to read. You're beaming, and it's so good to hear that you are feeling better than before :)
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. Your husband is a lucky man because you are taking steps to make sure that you two can still enjoy life. Your pictures are amazing and the JOY that shows in your face is the biggest inspiration of all. My mom fought her weight (as I do) all her life but just couldn't keep it under control. I lost her when she was only 66. The gift you are giving yourself and your family is the gift of you - the greatest gift of all. Keep it up!
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I love reading in progress success stories, because that is where most of us are: in the process of making lifestyle changes. As an avid gardener myself, I really appreciated see your mom's beautiful rose. I have no doubt you will get your new knees and gain a new active lifestyle.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. Your husband is a lucky man because you are taking steps to make sure that you two can still enjoy life. Your pictures are amazing and the JOY that shows in your face is the biggest inspiration of all. My mom fought her weight (as I do) all her life but just couldn't keep it under control. I lost her when she was only 66. The gift you are giving yourself and your family is the gift of you - the greatest gift of all. Keep it up!

Your post stopped me in my tracks. My mom also died at age 66, but she never had a weight problem. That made it harder for her to understand a daughter who was over-weight from age 11 on. My mom was thin growing up and only weighed 128 when fully pregnant.

66 years was not enough for a woman with a such a wonderful gift. She left the world so many new rose varieties. Her unnamed test roses were still been introduced 20 years after she passed; and she is still acknowledged as one of America's greatest rose hybridizers.

This is my favorite photo of my mom...Dee Bennett.

MomOnTPNCover_zps3d54247c.jpg
  • reachme
    reachme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Good job.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You are doing and looking fantastic! I know the issue of baggy pants, I broke down and bight 2 "new to me" pairs my other jeans just wouldn't stay up...i now need to find "new" khaki shorts for work, even with button adjustment and belt as tight as I could get it they would not stay up lol...

Keep up the wonderful work!
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    May God bless you and your wonderful hubby!

What an inspiration you are! I wish you continued success and that you will have those new knees very, very soon.

In Christ Alone,
    Nicole
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, you look wonderful. Keep up the good work and you might not need new knees after all!
  • ludiball
    ludiball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Congrats on your success!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I love you! (:

Your hubby and dog are so cute..
    beautiful flower too!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, you look wonderful. Keep up the good work and you might not need new knees after all!

Ooooh...There is no doubt that new knees are necessary. I have no cartilage or cushions in my knees, and the bone heads contain numerous small fractures. That's why my surgeon and doctor both said, "Stay off those knees." They are concerned that I will fall again and perhaps develop a greenstick fracture that could run lengthwise down the bone.

If that happens, I won't be on a knee replacement list for quite a while...at least, until my leg mends. I could end up needed steel rods to keep the bone together, if I get a fracture right now.

Those titanium knees will help protect my old bones.
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The weight loss shows and your happiness shows even more! Keep it up. New knees in the not too distant future!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and your great relationship with your hubby. He sounds like a total sweetie! You are an inspiration!
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is the sweetest post!! Congratulations on all your hard work!! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!