Bulging veins in arms and legs from lifting, exercise

Options
124»

Replies

• mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think your arms are amazing! Great work!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    +1 on nice guns, tnqnt

• Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you ever notice carpenters, grocery checkout girls, waiters. Anyone who works with their hands. Big ole veins.The veins actually increase in size due to the increased circulation. Im a nurse and start salivating at big juicy veins. Anyway, start checking it out. Dialysis patients prior to getting a graft are encouraged to do certain arm exercises to build up their veins.
  • tnqnt
    Options
    If you ever notice carpenters, grocery checkout girls, waiters. Anyone who works with their hands. Big ole veins.The veins actually increase in size due to the increased circulation. Im a nurse and start salivating at big juicy veins. Anyway, start checking it out. Dialysis patients prior to getting a graft are encouraged to do certain arm exercises to build up their veins.

Wow...very Interesting!
  • tnqnt
    Options
    I think your arms are amazing! Great work!
    :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal.

Madonna has a very low body fat in that pictures, and she's 50+ isn't she? I doubt she lifts weights. However, lets not "body shame" her either.
    you doubt she lifts weights? Madonna has been lifting weights as part of her fitness and training for decades. It's how she stays in shape to perform.

Agreed. She is a long-time lifter. She is also incredibly lean. She's probably genetically prone to higher than average vascularity as well. *Results not typical.

I guess I'm wrong. For some reason I thought she trained with that crazy lady that trains Gweneth Paltrow and says women shouldn't lift more than 3lbs.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    ... Im a nurse and start salivating at big juicy veins. ...

Hahah I remember getting a blood test once and the nurse poked the vein in my elbow giggling like a school girl haha
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Love. Your. Arms. Seriously. I have a girl crush on you now. Your arms are looking fantastic. Don't change a thing!

Btw, my mother used to be a body builder. Her veins used to look like that too. It's very common from what I've seen. I look at those pics, and all I see is health and vitality. You should be proud of that, OP.

thank you :) Did they recede after she stopped training hard?

Yes, that was many years ago. After she stopped training, she went completely back to normal. It's was kind of a shame. Kids don't pick on you quite as bad when your mother is a bad@ss.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    ArRC9w4.jpg
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ArRC9w4.jpg

Lol!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You animal ! You are unleashing the beast grrrrrrrr xxx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    Anyone have an explanation for this?

Ever since I really started working out pretty hard, my arms and legs (particularly forearms and lower legs) have bulging veins. They are definitely more prominent while lifting, but still are visible when I am not.

What is the reasoning for this? Is this normal?
    You have lower body fat. This is called vascularity in the bodybuilding world. The more "shredded" you get, the more visible they become.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    if u want to debulk u should drop weights try to do like 40-50 reps w/5 lbs weights to get rid of gross muscles

:noway:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    One more vote for NICE GUNS!!!! :love:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    4llyj9.jpg

This gave me the hibby-jibbies!
  • tnqnt
    Options
    One more vote for NICE GUNS!!!! :love:

• tnqnt
    Options
    4llyj9.jpg

This gave me the hibby-jibbies!

A bit extreme, isn't it?? I agree!
  • CubicCutie
    Options
    Not only is it normal, it is a sign of being very fit! That's why people like Sarah Jessica Parker & Madonna have it and have been pinged by the camera shots. Its a sign of ageing too so unavoidable for those of us of a certain age.

Be glad you are fit!
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Not only is it normal, it is a sign of being very fit! That's why people like Sarah Jessica Parker & Madonna have it and have been pinged by the camera shots. Its a sign of ageing too so unavoidable for those of us of a certain age.

Be glad you are fit!

Thank you...aging is what kicked me back into gear:-)
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I find it sexy, it screams "Healthy person who works out!"