Share your Zumba/Spinning success

Options

Replies

• tawnyd24
    tawnyd24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great! How many times a day do you do zumba?
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just received my one-year anniversery e-mail from my spin studio. My instructor just banned me from attending classes more than 4x a week - she says I have to cross train.

I found the dance moves in Zumba to be too complicated, but I love spin. Before I started spinning, I could barely run 2 miles. Now I can run 10 miles - yes, 10 miles - all thanks to spin.

I find spin class to be my moving meditation - I shut my eyes, go with the music, and sweat everything out. I'm invincible in spin class.

Good luck, either way!
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm trying spinning next week!
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I absolutely am addicted to Zumba. Just like with Spinning you can make the class as hard or as easy as you want. Once you get the moves down, you can adjust your workout to how hard you want to go. I have lost 80lbs doing Zumba, Elliptical, lifting and watching my diet. Was one of the easiest things I have ever done. I just wish I had started sooner.

I am now going for my Zumba instructor certification. Who knew that would happen 80lbs ago!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm trying spinning next week!

Wahooo! Let us know what you think.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I started spinning when I got injured on a marathon and it has been a huge part of my success on here. My legs are rock solid, its great for abs and if you get a good instructor -its an awesome class!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Rumplestiltskin?

UfPofVt.jpg
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    zumba makes me really happy. i feel free and like i really accomplished something! if you like to dance even a little in your room by yourself, do it.

166219_10151451855681909_1085387045_n.jpg
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    zumba makes me really happy. i feel free and like i really accomplished something! if you like to dance even a little in your room by yourself, do it.

166219_10151451855681909_1085387045_n.jpg
    love this!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Former Zumba/Spinning addict here.

It was a long hard road but I finally got off the wagon about 6 months ago and decided to start lifting heavy. Sometimes it's a little hard going to the gym and seeing people on their Spinning bikes. Or a girl walking into the lockers all sweaty. I think 'She probably just got out of a Zumba class'. But overall it may be hard but I'm willing to fight that battle every day.

I'm also here to help support anyone else trying to give up Zumba/Spinning. It's an uphill battle but you can do it. I'm living proof.

:flowerforyou:

HAHAHA You amuse me, so much :) I do lift heavy but I can't give up my Zumba. Even got certified this past weekend. I wont give up my Zumba, but will use my weight abilities to teach Toning and Sentao maybe in a year or two :)

Edited: Success story as requested. Almost 72 lbs lost, I do a lot of cross training but I'd say 1/2 of my weight loss is zumba or zumba toning class. I do hike, occasionally spin, run (first 1/2 this past Jan) I do 3-4 days a week with either power class, core class and/or zumba toning.
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a zumba addict!! LOL I credit my success to the zumba toning class that I attend, as well to the amazing group of ladies that dance the pounds away with me!!
  • dipobird
    dipobird Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have done spinning before and it's just about killed my legs each time, which is wonderful! But I just did my first Zumba class tonight and loved it!! I sweat buckets, but didn't feel like I was working out... that is until I sat down and started to feel it in my legs and abs! I say try both!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of my 1st Zumba class session at the Y 2x per week. I love it- you get lost in it and before you know it the class is over. I'm not sure exactly how much of a workout I'm getting now because I'm still learning the moves...
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

HAHAHA You amuse me, so much :) I do lift heavy but I can't give up my Zumba. Even got certified this past weekend. I wont give up my Zumba, but will use my weight abilities to teach Toning and Sentao maybe in a year or two :)

Edited: Success story as requested. Almost 72 lbs lost, I do a lot of cross training but I'd say 1/2 of my weight loss is zumba or zumba toning class. I do hike, occasionally spin, run (first 1/2 this past Jan) I do 3-4 days a week with either power class, core class and/or zumba toning.

Yay that you got licensed! Did you opt to join ZIN as well? I'm getting my toning and aqua license at convention this summer, but I won't do Sentao because I can't even look at it without thinking Jennifer Beals and Flashdance. :P Way to join the party, good for you! :)
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    All from Zumba and some occasional hiking =D
    February 1, 2013, March 1, 2013, April 1, 2013, and April 22nd
    d976611f-80d1-40f8-9824-1a647e2da01a_zps9cd77b6e.jpg

September 25th, 2012 - April 25th, 2013 (7 months into this journey)
    09252012to042520137mos_zpsf89f4dfe.jpg
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Both for sure! They are both great workouts, and so fun!!
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    If you like to dance, you will want to try Zumba. It is so much fun and you get a great workout. I have never tried spinning, it does not appeal to me. I love Turbo Jams and Zumba.
  • WannaBeThin87
    Options
    Just wanted to update everyone...I took my first spinning class yesterday and I felt like I was going to die & I still do. The seat hurt my butt and lady parts so bad..they hurt worse than my legs. I'm gonna attempt to go back Wednesday, pray for me!!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    It takes a few weeks to ...um...toughen up down there, but it's sooo worth it if you enjoyed it otherwise. Congrats!
  • WannaBeThin87
    Options
    I didn't exactly enjoy it...very rough but I wil try a few more times
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!