Crystal Light?

Options
2»

Replies

• Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink water, but will occasionally add flavored Benefiber to it, I love the Strwaberry Kiwi stuff.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make myself a treat by adding a packet of crystal light raspberry lemonade mix to a glass of iced tea. It is a little glass of heaven! And it's great for giving me that little something sweet after dinner.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use the full single serve packs of Crystal light in to about a 16 ounce water bottle!! Not sure if that's the correct thing to do or not?
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use Mixade which is an Aldi knock off to Crystal Light. Fruit, Cherry Limeade and Grape are my favorites. I put it in about 20 ounces of water and it still tastes fine. I work in downtown Minneapolis where our water tastes horrible. Otherwise I wouldn't need it.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I don't drink or eat anything with aspartame - it's not good for you. So I have no idea how much to add. I drink plain pure water and Zevia which is sweetened with stevia which is a natural sweetener. Do some research on aspartame and you'll see

I 2nd this. I was a diet pop drinker for years until about a month and a half ago. I quit and it was a great decision. Aspartame is poision for your body and has formeldahyde in it. Ick!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love crystal light. I usually put one packet in a bottle of water. I probably drink 2-3 a day, its the only way for me to get all my water in because I don't really like regular water.

same here!!

"Regular water" is an acquired taste for some people. I don't think aspertame is the devil .... but I don't think I should get used to (or expect) something sweet all day long either. Besides Crystal Light has so much acid.

To get used to "regular water" ..... try adding something: lemon slices, mint leaves, cucumber slices, ginger slices ....... I like mine from the fridge & use a Pur water filter, I think that helps.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I stay away from aspertame , here is something to consider , we have hard water and it causes terrible rust/iron stains. My dishwasher looked horrible , the racks were almost orange from iron deposits. My firend ( science teacher) told me to use crystal light ( lemon lime smells best) hehe. When cycle was done I could not beleive my eyes. It looked brand new inside!!! Like the day I bought it....imagine what it is doing in our bodies?! YIKES.!

Ha use Coca Cola to clean the rust off your cast iron frying pans. :drinker:
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light all the time! It's the only way I can drink any water. I get the little go-packets you add to a bottle of water, and I drink maybe 6 bottles/day (12 cups of water?). I also love the Margarita and Mojito flavors, mix them in a pitcher with some liquor... low cal cocktails!

I know there are all those arguments about aspartame, but you have to consume an awful lot of it for it to have any of those negative effects... unless you're all about "clean eating" that is. I don't know- I'd rather drink flavored water than no water at all, because those are my options! (And I don't like stevia)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ok, first gotta say never use Wikipedia, not a reliable source at all, colleges and other schools will not use it as a reference at all because its so easily altered. However everyone has their choice on aspartame since like eggs, one day its good for you one day its bad. The research goes both ways, so really its up to someone to decide if they want to drink stuff with it in it or not. My doctor and dietitian have no issues with it, so using Crystal light is not an bad decision for me. I love crystal light but was also recommended to use the Kelloggs H20 protein mix. It only comes in three flavors, at least that I have seen so far but love it

SpecialK Water ..... blech!
  • MamaWo
    MamaWo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have started using the Crystal Light packets to try and help me drink more water. I love the Peach Ice Tea and Wild Strawberry! I drink a lot of Diet Coke and am trying to cut back. I struggle with straight water, but I do enjoy the Crystal Light. I add one packet to a 16-20 oz bottle of ice water.