Protein tips.

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Turkey, Chicken, Greek yogurt (double the protein of regular yogurt), fish, eggs, nuts.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    save your money...Meats and animal proteins suck for your health and your diet!

says the 44yo who spells "times" with multiple Zs.

do you even lift, bro?

Have you checked out this guy's profile?? wtf???
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Thank you everyone for great tips, I honestly should have known some of these. :embarassed:

Now I have a good idea of what to buy at the store this week.

You guys are great! :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    I love me some meat.

The OP only wants the tip though.
    I'm an all or nothing kinda girl.
  • Woomytron
    I love me some meat.

The OP only wants the tip though.

No no, tipS (I like multiples) :laugh:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    lol @ meat tips
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    pure protein frosty chocolate protein shakes... i get them at walmart :)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Tuna, Greek Yogurt, Quark (if you can find it near you) are all low fat, high protein options. Nuts are not so high in protein really. You'd be surprised at how far protein powder goes, too. Mix a little into stuff here and there, it helps.
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member

awww, that's cute that you think that way.

LMAO !!!!

Fish is a great source of protein ( salmon- might be a budget problem ), also things like quinoa, and even something cheap like Chia seeds are great for protein....
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    dont cut out meat I eat meat all the time but do not try to increase meat to increase some mythical protein. especially if you are on a budget...:) PROTEIN IS IN EVERYTHING!!!
  • goodtimezzzz
    So I have been pretty low on my protein. I know to eat peanut butter/almond butter but how do you get your protein up without making your fats go over?

I been kinda tight on money so I only really have a few meats to choose from right now. Mainly boneless skinless chicken and ground turkey.

So how do you do it? Thanks for the help/tips!

I am 31yrs old, I have lived 31yrs for the most part with out worrying about my protein intake. I am fine, just like 90% of the population. I am not suffering from protein deficiencies... are you?

To answer your question. "So how do you get your protein up?" I don't... save your money, it doesn't matter.
  • goodtimezzzz
    ameeeeennnnnnnn
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    mythical protein

unicorns, bro?

where can i get a copy of your book?
  • Woomytron
    So I have been pretty low on my protein. I know to eat peanut butter/almond butter but how do you get your protein up without making your fats go over?

I been kinda tight on money so I only really have a few meats to choose from right now. Mainly boneless skinless chicken and ground turkey.

I am 31yrs old, I have lived 31yrs for the most part with out worrying about my protein intake. I am fine, just like 90% of the population. I am not suffering from protein deficiencies... are you?

To answer your question. "So how do you get your protein up?" I don't... save your money, it doesn't matter.

You are right I don't have any deficiencies, BUT I like to keep my diet well rounded. My protein was on the low side so I wanted to rounded it out with my carbs and fat.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member

tumblr_m41bwoKlDv1qjvlur.gif
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Eggs, eggs. More eggs. Then eat another egg. Maybe some greek yogurt if you can find it on sale. Then eat another egg.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member

o_O
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Protein doesn't matter, as in it's irrelevant? Or that you think you'll meet your protein needs in your diet without giving it any thought?
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member

You are right I don't have any deficiencies, BUT I like to keep my diet well rounded. My protein was on the low side so I wanted to rounded it out with my carbs and fat.

You need to define first what "well rounded" is... what is "well rounded" to you?

This isnt a "prove I need Protein" post. She is asking how she can add protein. Either help, or leave.

If you hate protein, more power to you. But why do people on here feel the need to impose their thoughts on others when it isnt asked?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member

t3gFnBi.gif

This has nothing to do with the off the wall answer - I've always wanted to see someone - ANYONE - deck that guy! Thanks!