Replies

• CinnamonCupcake
    CinnamonCupcake Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What's the squat challenge?
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I completed one, and my legs are MUCH firmer and more toned!! I was sorethefirst couple of days, now not at all... Might continue to do about 150-200 every few days just to keep the muscles. This is in addition to my 5k training.Oh, and I lost 1 1/4 inches off my waist and a pound!!
  • pbamerson
    pbamerson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can someone post the daily amounts for the squat challenge? - Thanks in advance!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I modified the challenge a little and added other areas I want to get better. This is what I'm doing, in addition to my regular exercises.
    I love your schedule, and I'm so impressed with a 3.5 minute plank at the end!
  • KKrdcs
    KKrdcs Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm on day 8. I'll share my tukus pics at the end
  • CJChavez1971
    CJChavez1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Exactly. You can build the muscle to create shape, but you cannot spot reduce. Thank you someone gets it!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I did the challenge from the month of march and here are my results

BEFORE-
    315bw3q.jpg

AFTER-
    552bty.jpg

I notice that my butt is lifted from where itr was when I started the challenge. I am planning on doing this challenge again for may.
  • cupidbaby
    cupidbaby Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend and I will be starting this challenge tomorrow...along with the sit up & push up challenge. I usually do not have a lot of time to exercise besides running on the treadmill so I figure this would be a nice addition and won't take a lot of time. Can't wait to start!
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katie1493
    katie1493 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this challenge today.
    day one -50 down. :D
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jsilky
    jsilky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think I will add this to my daily routine as well...Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ok, this is my first time posting a pic....

30 day squat challenge before and after, month of April. I notice my bum being higher also. This was hell on my knees, FYI, so for maintenance will be doing other moves that don't involve all that knee bending. I did reg squats, plie squats, bowlers lunges, split squats.

2ce222q.gif
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just doing squats to get in shape is like just doing crunches to get a 6-pack. It won't do anything. You need to do other exercise to get the fat off your body to be able to see the bigger and more toned glutes and leg muscles from all of those squats. And of course keep up your new and amazing eating habits learned from tracking here on MFP! :)

^^^ I agree with her. And if you keep doing the same things day in and day out, your muscles will get used to it and stop responded. Trust me, I know..I've been there! I was doing squat challenges, too, but never 2 months in a row so that my butt doesn't stop responding to them. And doing 275 squats in one day is just ridiculous..
  • jessielynn25
    Options
    My friend and I will be starting this challenge tomorrow...along with the sit up & push up challenge. I usually do not have a lot of time to exercise besides running on the treadmill so I figure this would be a nice addition and won't take a lot of time. Can't wait to start!

Where do i find links to these challenges?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Where do i find links to these challenges?
    all over tumblr pinterest etc.
  • Fay132010
    Fay132010 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you need to be doing cardio to burn the fat AS WELL AS these, or else you won't see the results, and you NEED to take rest days to allow the muscle to recover (and 'grow') otherwise you'll have wasted all that effort for nothing
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    ok, this is my first time posting a pic....

30 day squat challenge before and after, month of April. I notice my bum being higher also. This was hell on my knees, FYI, so for maintenance will be doing other moves that don't involve all that knee bending. I did reg squats, plie squats, bowlers lunges, split squats.

2ce222q.gif
    dang girl! you look great! what other exercise did you do?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!