It doesnt matter how long it takes...189 pounds lost.

Options
kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
I thought I would post as we see so many people not happy at losing at a slow rate...so I thought I would share my story to show it doesnt matter how slow you lose.

In April 2006 the below "before" pics was taken. I didnt actively start to lose weight till August 2006 when I joined weight watchers. As you can see I was very big and because of my size I had a LOT of injuries....I had broken a ankle bone (and didnt even know it), had plantar fastisis, damaged ligaments in my other foot due to the numerous falls from my balance being so bad, and PCOS. The first 20 kilos (45 pounds) fell off fairly effortlessly...then I started to struggle. Ive had LOTS of struggles! Lots of times I lost motivation (and when that happened i "faked it till i made it"), lots of times of falling of track,,,,sometimes for a few hours...sometimes for over a week. But thruout it all I still wrote in my journal, after 2008 when I joined a gym even when i was lacking motivation I still went. Ive had lots of bumps...(including the loss of my mum last year)....as of this morning I have lost 86.2 kilos (189.64 pounds). Ive gone from someone who couldnt walk 10 minutes...to now I can run for a hour, this morning I rowed 1000 metres on the rower within 4 mins 28 seconds, Im starting to lift heavy weight (this is a slow process lol), run in organised runs, do group fitness classes. Yep I have many times had gains and small losses....and I do struggle still when my weight fluctuates all over the place...but as I am told so often....as long as the overall trend is downwards thats all that matters. So with that being said....no matter your losses, or how often you fall off track....just keep at it you will get there! (PS i started at 380 pounds and now weigh 86.9 kilos/191.18 pounds (yep nearly have lost 50% of my initial weight!) with 14.9 kilos/32.78 pounds to go to goal :)

April 2006 (380 pounds)
1704image2.png

Today :191.18 pounds

295348_10151655367901062_1127589343_n_zpsb14c7493.jpg

Replies

• pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done an amazing job! It is so inspiring to read about you doing this slowly, as there is a lot of stuff out there about quick fix weight loss. Slow and steady really does win in this case.

Thank you for posting this, and glad I have you as a MFP friend :0)
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Oh wow what an amazing motivational story thank you for sharing it and well done you have done so well and look fantastic.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is just amazing. I started with 188lbs to lose and I've lost 96 so far. It's taken me about a year and half and I have no doubt it will probably take me another two years to get to goal. But slow and steady is more important and sustainable. Thank you for reminding me that it's not a race.

You look wonderful. Keep up the hard work
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story of triumph over adversity! Very well done to you, very inspirational! x
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Look at your WAIST! Brilliant stuff!
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wow you luck amazing and i love your honesty your not sat there saying yeah it was no effort your telling us the way it is we fall off and we need to get back on and we can do it thankyou so much for this and the pictures it keeps me going on my long long journey and gives me hope there is a little chezza at the end off the tunnel lolol good luck with the rest of your journey your amazing xxxxxxxxx
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You look fab, Kazz! Check out your waist, HELLO! :love:

You're absolutely right....however long it takes to lose the fat isn't the point. The point is to make changes that last a lifetime, not to win The Biggest Loser.

Fat loss isn't a linear process and it slows down, and even stops sometimes. It can be difficult to keep your head in the game and keep eating right and exercising, but going back to where I was before--how bad I felt, how hard it was to just do every day sorts of activities--remembering that makes it a no-brainer for me. It's easier and certainly much more appealing to stick to eating well and working out than it is to go back to where I was. I'm guessing you feel similarly.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    holy wowza batman! You look absolutely amazing!!! Thank you for sharing this and being an inspiration! My weight loss is going so slowly but, like you, I will never give up! It's a lifestyle!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Your story and success with losing slowly have reassured me immensely. You've done really well!! :drinker:
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Your story is so amazing. I love the "fake it til you make it" comment. It is so true.
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Your shirt is only part right. You ARE amazing and a lot of people would have quit. So I guess that is the freakish part your persistence and courage. It's freakish that everyone wouldn't want that much improvement. Thank you for posting because whe I get stalled I'll think of you you and your awesome journey and not mad dash!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing you look great and it is nice to hear that it can be done slowly.
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Your story and success with losing slowly have reassured me immensely. You've done really well!! :drinker:

I totally agree with this post - your journey is very reassuring to someone like me who takes ages to lose weight.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have taken YEARS off yourself, you look amazing girl!!!!! MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS, you are an inspiration.
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's always good to see people taking charge of their health and bodies, even better when they succeed!
  • BabySparkles81
    Options
    Wow congrats! You look amazing! Very proud of you! :D
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW! You really are amazing! What a fantastic achievement - I hope you are very proud of yourself. So many people would quit faced with such a tough challenge but you are proof of the power of having the determination to stick with it and persevere to reach your goals. Well done and thanks for being such an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration. Congratulations and thank you for sharing
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Such a great story and no words were ever more true than it does not matter how long it takes. Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!