What are you having for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Same thing I have every morning. Bacon egg and cheese sandwich.
    45 seconds for the eggs to cook in the microwave
    25 seconds for the bacon to cook in the microwave
    Muffin toasting while egg is cooking

1 minute and 10 seconds later, breakfast is served

That I could handle, but what about the prep and clean up? No time for that. I just grab my fruit and hit the door.
    I cook my eggs in a coffee mug so it fits perfectly on the muffin. Mug gets rinsed then put into dishwasher while bacon is cooking.

Bacon is cooked on a paper plate with napkins on either side which then just gets tossed.

Cheese is a single in the plastic wrapper.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage with sharp white cheddar cheese sandwich on a whole grain thin bagel and a bottle of water!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredibly elaborate. :O I'm speechless.

That's what happens when I have the day off of work and a kitchen all to myself :wink:

For a second I thought you did this every day, which made me feel incredibly inadequate, lol. The artfully placed fruit is especially amazing. ^_^

Meanwhile, I still don't know what I want for breakfast. Oatmeal sounds totally blah and nothing else sounds good either (especially anything particularly "healthy", and I don't want anything sweet) I actually would love some ramen with sesame oil and fried eggs, but we're out of noodles. I might have to make a special trip or bake some french fries. Ha, I don't really have a set breakfast food, dinner/lunch type foods often become breakfast and vice versa.
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    Same thing I have every morning. Bacon egg and cheese sandwich.
    45 seconds for the eggs to cook in the microwave
    25 seconds for the bacon to cook in the microwave
    Muffin toasting while egg is cooking

1 minute and 10 seconds later, breakfast is served

that's great.. That made me laugh
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal of the day by far. I'm a little set in my routine so always looking for new ideas.

Here's my breakfast today..

Screenshot2013-05-01at85451AM_zps75869043.png

Don't make fun, I think food tastes better when it's pretty..Boyfriend said he compromised his masculinity by eating it..:laugh:

Forgot to add: It's 2 eggs with feta cheese, honey baked ham, 3/4 cup goat milk yogurt with almonds and chia, fruit salad

So what'd you have today/are planning to have?

OMG that is so pretty. Someone really pays attention to details...
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    coffee with soy milk
    oatmeal (plain)
    fage plain 2%

all sweetened with Spelenda because I forgot my stevia at home :grumble:
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    2 Krispy Kreme Chocolate Iced, custard filled donuts and two servings of chocolate milk....I am so glad it is nice outside today for me to burn that off. :)

This also made me laugh.. Hope your having salad for lunch..
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    All great ideas..

I'm seeing quite a trend with the fast and easy options. Efficiency is key, of course.

Then again, I was the little girl that wouldn't eat her toast unless her mom used the mickey mouse toast press...
  • vabelle86
    vabelle86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal of the day by far. I'm a little set in my routine so always looking for new ideas.

Here's my breakfast today..

Screenshot2013-05-01at85451AM_zps75869043.png

Don't make fun, I think food tastes better when it's pretty..Boyfriend said he compromised his masculinity by eating it..:laugh:

Forgot to add: It's 2 eggs with feta cheese, honey baked ham, 3/4 cup goat milk yogurt with almonds and chia, fruit salad

Love this!

I had steel cut oats with an egg cooked in it with chia seeds, ground flax seed, coconut oil and raspberries.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    <<<<< This
    2 eggs poached
    1/4 avocado
    1 slice toast
    Dill to taste
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I vary it up often, but my favorites tend to be:

Special K Protein cereal w/ skim milk with fresh berries or banana
    Wheat toast/or Multi grain EM w/ extra fiber with PB or Polamer Fruit spread w/ extra fiber
    Grapefruit
    Banana
    When I make them 3 egg snackers
    if I don't eat cereal, I drink a 10oz glass of milk every morning with my breakfast b/c #1 I love milk & #2 calcium & vitamins are very important as a woman.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredibly elaborate. :O I'm speechless.

That's what happens when I have the day off of work and a kitchen all to myself :wink:

For a second I thought you did this every day, which made me feel incredibly inadequate, lol. The artfully placed fruit is especially amazing. ^_^

Meanwhile, I still don't know what I want for breakfast. Oatmeal sounds totally blah and nothing else sounds good either (especially anything particularly "healthy", and I don't want anything sweet) I actually would love some ramen with sesame oil and fried eggs, but we're out of noodles. I might have to make a special trip or bake some french fries. Ha, I don't really have a set breakfast food, dinner/lunch type foods often become breakfast and vice versa.

You're too kind :flowerforyou:
    Home made ramen is so so good. And ditto on mixing up traditional meal type foods. I usually lean towards having breakfast all day, though. Though maybe I'll try lunch for breakfast one day, hm..
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a wheat bagel spread with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. If I am planning a lunch that is a little heavier than normal in carbs, I will have 4 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of turkey bacon, and a slice of wheat toast (all pre cooked and sitting in the fridge, so I just have to microwave it while my toast is in the toaster).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    For breakfast? I'm having stomach pain.

Woke up hungry, but with my stomach funky. Oh noes.

I'll try something at lunch, maybe a protein shake.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    2 servings of scrambled egg beaters and a Yoplait yogurt, light!
  • LindsNW05
    LindsNW05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's one beautiful breakfast. I had a Slim Fast shake and peanut butter toast, coffee with vanilla syrup and half-n-half.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I try to vary my breakfast every couple of weeks, but something I tried lately was three eggs scrambled/omletted with 120g of black beans cooked into it, with some spring onions at the end. Looked kind of funky (glad I did not cook the bean liquid into it as I saw suggested) but tasted pretty good, going to do it again with black eye peas or flagelot beans cause that's what I have in the press.
  • realwisegirlTK
    Options
    Hmm, I am seeing a lot of great ideas. For me, it was Special K Red Berries Cereal and a breakfast sandwich (homemade) that consisted of 2 slices of wheat bread, 2 hard boiled egg whites, and 2 turkey sausage links.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Parfait

1 so delicious vanilla coconut yogurt
    1 cup strawberries
    1 small banana
    1 tbsp chocolate chips crushed

Layer ti up!
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg and a smoothie. Smoothie is made with 1 cup of kefir, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, 1 banana, and 2 packets of stevia. Have this almost everyday.