It doesnt matter how long it takes...189 pounds lost.

Options

Replies

• cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Options
    The word inspirational gets knocked about too much, however you truly deserve it :) Amazing
  • herlittlegreendress
    herlittlegreendress Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! I've been on the slooooow weight loss train for 4 years now. Still not much progress but at least I'm moving forward!
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story again. Having you as one of my MFP friends helps inspire me every day to keep going. I love your honesty about your ups and downs, and your struggles on this journey, so thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So inspiring especially considering you have PCOS which makes losing weight an uphill struggle. Thank you for sharing - your story has kept me going <3 x
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!! Thanks for the inspiration, I am trying everything including increase exercise and still no weight loss.
    I will still keep going even though I feel discouraged sometimes.
    Keep up the great work you are doing.
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    wow
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Are you really 86 kgs? You look so slim and fit for a woman with that weight!:) wonderful encouragement, thanks for sharing

Definitely 86.9 kilos! lol...i wish the number on the scales was smaller ! lol
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. So often people get discouraged because they don't think the weight is coming off fast enough. Often times people base their expectations off the results of others (unrealistic).

You have shown us that as long as we stay focused and never give up, the results will be there.
    Congratulations!
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing your story. I just got below 300 lbs (298) when I got weighed yesterday and of course this makes me very happy (At my heaviest I weighed 345 lbs) but to get to this point it has taken me a couple of years. I would lose the weight and then gain some weight back (you all know what I mean) It just seems so daunting when you begin. I need to have a knee replacement done (I am always in pain and have been using a walker since last summer - and I am only 47!) The surgeon told me I would need to lose at least 80 lbs before he would even consider doing the operation. So, it may take me a while to get there, but you have shown me that it CAN be done! Thank you SO MUCH again for sharing!
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So inspired! Thank you for sharing. I hope you know how awesome you are :flowerforyou:
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    So inspired! Thank you for sharing. I hope you know how awesome you are :flowerforyou:

Ditto this. Thank You
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    you inspire! Thank you for your support I've been suffering set back after set back.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    great progress!!!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! Great job!
  • NancyWells1948
    Options
    Wow - you are truly amazing !!! What an inspiration. I don't know anyone as large as me that has actually succeeded in losing as you have. Thank you for sharing your story. It means a lot to know that it really can be done. Thank you so much.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Wowza. Nize!
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You certainly have earned that "freakishly amazing" Tshirt. I want one! HA!
  • baa247
    baa247 Posts: 15
    Options
    *Standing Ovation*
    You go girl!
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great body shape....hourglass-like!
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I thought I would post as we see so many people not happy at losing at a slow rate...so I thought I would share my story to show it doesnt matter how slow you lose.

In April 2006 the below "before" pics was taken. I didnt actively start to lose weight till August 2006 when I joined weight watchers. As you can see I was very big and because of my size I had a LOT of injuries....I had broken a ankle bone (and didnt even know it), had plantar fastisis, damaged ligaments in my other foot due to the numerous falls from my balance being so bad, and PCOS. The first 20 kilos (45 pounds) fell off fairly effortlessly...then I started to struggle. Ive had LOTS of struggles! Lots of times I lost motivation (and when that happened i "faked it till i made it"), lots of times of falling of track,,,,sometimes for a few hours...sometimes for over a week. But thruout it all I still wrote in my journal, after 2008 when I joined a gym even when i was lacking motivation I still went. Ive had lots of bumps...(including the loss of my mum last year)....as of this morning I have lost 86.2 kilos (189.64 pounds). Ive gone from someone who couldnt walk 10 minutes...to now I can run for a hour, this morning I rowed 1000 metres on the rower within 4 mins 28 seconds, Im starting to lift heavy weight (this is a slow process lol), run in organised runs, do group fitness classes. Yep I have many times had gains and small losses....and I do struggle still when my weight fluctuates all over the place...but as I am told so often....as long as the overall trend is downwards thats all that matters. So with that being said....no matter your losses, or how often you fall off track....just keep at it you will get there! (PS i started at 380 pounds and now weigh 86.9 kilos/191.18 pounds (yep nearly have lost 50% of my initial weight!) with 14.9 kilos/32.78 pounds to go to goal :)

April 2006 (380 pounds)
    1704image2.png

Today :191.18 pounds

295348_10151655367901062_1127589343_n_zpsb14c7493.jpg

We have the same start weight! I want to ask you so many questions! But I don't want to sound rude! (Not mean questions just possibly awkward questions) Also you look awesome :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!