Whats a good protein bar??

Options
I have being doing protein shakes for a WHILE now and honestly im tired of them...i wanna start alternating between them...id prefer if they werent loaded with carbs though....i just wanted to know a great protein bar that didnt taste like butt...id like to actually enjoy it lol

Replies

• FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow no one eats protein bars haha
  • mrnedburns
    mrnedburns Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We get Pure Protein bars in bulk from Costco. They taste decent and are pretty high in protein/calorie ratio. Not too pricey in bulk too.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love my Special K Protein Meal Bars - particularly the chocolate peanut butter ones.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i know protein shakes can get tiring, but if you switch it up a lot, you can have tons of variety and you probably won't get tired of them so easily. you can also use the powder in baking desserts - and make your own protein bars.
    there are also recipes online that give you ideas on how to implement protein powder into your homemade brownies, cookies, pancakes, etc.

i say this because the prepackaged protein bars are always loaded with sugar.
    they're just another form of candy.
    candy in disguise.

so personally, i try to stay away from them.
    i would stick with homemade bars or shakes.
  • paulg6868
    paulg6868 Posts: 1
    Options
    Cliff Builder's - 20g Protein Bar. Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter is my new favorite. I buy at BJ's or Target.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Questbars
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Balance Bars, Clif Bars, Pure Protein
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Met-Rx big 100 bars.
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I buy Ostrim sticks...yummm! Quest bars and MetRX minis right now are my faves.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I love my Special K Protein Meal Bars - particularly the chocolate peanut butter ones.

Don't mean to crash the party, but those bars are a perfect example of the terrible nutritive value of most protein bars. Trans fat, 15 grams of added sugar including high fructose corn syrup, tons of processed chemicals and preservatives and junk . . . Why would anyone eat that? Awful for you.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Quest all the way
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Cliff Builder's - 20g Protein Bar. Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter is my new favorite. I buy at BJ's or Target.
    And I like the Cliff Builder's Chocolate Mint.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I just got a pack of Nature Valley Protein Bars peanut butter and dark chocolate. Probably not the protein/sugar/calorie ratio you are looking for but they taste good.
    190 cals,
    10g protein,
    6g sugar,
    14g carbs

Great for snacks and they taste alot better than the Pure Protein bars I eat after work outs.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars then I make a homemade version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SwEl8h9v9A
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Luna Protein (Women's) or Clif Builers (Men), although I eat both. The women's are lower calorie. All natural ingredients!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Depends They're a lot of calories
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've been seaching for a good one too, and haven't had a ton of luck. My problem is that the ones that I actually like the taste of, aren't actually very high in protein (i.e. Chocolate Chip Clif Bars - LOVE these, but only 10g protein for 230 calories).

For the time being, I've kind of settled on "Life Choice Protein Bars", which are OKAY taste wise, but not amazing (the other good thing about them is that they aren't too expensive, at about $3.50/box of 5 bars). I get these at Walmart in the cereal aisle - 21 grams protein in only 190 calories.

Here's a link to the nutrition facts:
    http://www.lifechoicefoods.com/products/best-protein-bars
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Don't mean to crash the party, but those bars are a perfect example of the terrible nutritive value of most protein bars. Trans fat, 15 grams of added sugar including high fructose corn syrup, tons of processed chemicals and preservatives and junk . . . Why would anyone eat that? Awful for you.

Some folk are not all into the au naturale diet and like the taste these kind of foods offer. I am no nutritionist but I would guess they are healthier than a double quarter pounder!!!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are organic and for women, there are protein bars, fiber bars and I think meal replacer/snack bars for all right areound 170/190 calories. I like the snack bars and the protein ones.