Question for the women

Options
13»

Replies

• kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help. I don't have sweaty pits. In fact I don't have to apply deodorant everyday. Thank God! I can workout without it and still won't stink! I hope my hormones and endocrine don't change as I get older
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Yes you gain weight on or around your period.

wait, that wasnt the question?
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I also use the crystal deodorant. I find I don't get stinky, but it allows me to still sweat.
    Note though that when I first went from using regular deodorants/antiperspirants to using the crystal/salt or other natural deodorants, I did have a period of about 3 days where I needed to freshen up mid-day as my body wasn't used to sweating normally. It was ok though, I just kept some baby wipes in my purse!
  • combatbunny
    combatbunny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use Tom's of Maine's Apricot. Never had trouble with it aside from my rabbits wanting to eat me.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    dove is working best for me now....i think it's like shampoo....your body needs a switch up occasionally, it gets too used to something .....i avoid mitchum....it bleached out my clothes, yikes, scary.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar question... I can't use normal deoderants because they make me break out in hives and my skin peels off. :( I started using this organic brand (JASON) but now it too is making me break out in hives. Does anyone know of anything that would work for someone like me? I've been just using baby powder but it really doesn't work very well...

Maybe try the stuff from Tom's of Maine? Apart from that, you could try either the natural crystal stuff or the dusting powder from Lush.

I will look into the natural crystal stuff or Lush dusting powder. Tom's also burned my skin and made me break out - which surprised me.

Tom's roll on made me stink soooo bad. Extremely sour smelling.

Jason's made me break out.

I have also used ALL dusting powders/solid deodorant from lush... their just not enough for me. (although silky underwear smells pretty darn good)

I have found that Secret Clinical Strength Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant works wonders but it's NOT a gel. And i'm surprisingly okay with that.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For the past three years, I have used the Crystal brand roll-on deodorant, I love the lavender scented one, it works great, allows me to sweat but no odor. I love that's its natural and it really works.
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For the past three years, I have used the Crystal brand roll-on deodorant, I love the lavender scented one, it works great, allows me to sweat but no odor. I love that's its natural and it really works.

Hands down my favorite as well.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Dove works, but I don't think they have any clear ones.

I haven't tried Degree yet. I'll look into that. Thanks.

I live in South Texas and Degree works great for me! I didn't realize that they have a women's version too. It's not a gel, but it does on clear. I guess I get the men's; it doesn't say on the label.

I used to use Speed Stick for men, but they changed the formula and I started breaking out in a rash.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Secret Clinical Strength for sensitive skin! One application seriously lasts for several days. I don't sweat and I don't smell bad - even after a ton of cardio. :-)

Dove Clinical is similar in effectiveness - but my skin reacted (hives) to something in it.
    I've used both Dove and Secret clinical. They're not clear, nor are they a gel, but they work great when I'm at the gym. It's really humid here in the summers, and those have held up at my jobs where there was no a/c. I have sensitive skin and I really haven't had a problem.
  • Msjay2blue
    Msjay2blue Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess it really is body chemistry. I line dance, skate, run, and workout, and after any of those, I neither smell or have wet arms. I use degree.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The only kind I have found that is EFFECTIVE is the Secret Clinical Strength Waterproof. It isn't a clear gel, and it breaks me out horrendously.

The only other truly effective solution I have found is to wash the pits several times per day with antibacterial soap.