People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    Hun is totally annoying and so is baby ... ... unless we're doing naughty stuff. : )
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. I dunno if it's because it feels condescending or if it's just how the word sounds but yes. It annoys.

^^^this
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lol My honey calls me sweetie,baby, love and honey. We really don't call each other our real names. If he does call me my name i know he is mad.
  • Allysia1987
    Allysia1987 Posts: 45
    Options
    I NEVER SAY HUN THATS FOR OLD FOLKS LOL
    " BABE" IS WHAT I CALL MY MAN
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Isn't it short for honey and people just started saying hon instead, what's so bad about that?
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I actually call my husband "Hon" or "Honey" more than I use his name. For some, it's a term of endearment. For others, it's flirting. For still others, it's just how they talk. Ever been to a Waffle House? If you go to a WaHo in the south (GA, SC, NC, etc) and no one calls you Hon, leave.
    It's all in how and where it's said. There are guys who can call my Hon and it's perfectly fine. Others make my skin crawl.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    Everyone is hon... I don't remember names
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like when other people say it but I find that it doesn't sound right coming out of my mouth. :/
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Guilty.
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no. I say "hon" all the time and it doesn't mean I am flirting with someone when I say it. It's no different than saying "sweetie" or something else. Lol.
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't ever visit Baltimore... Hon is actually a thing there.
    Bawlmer: Home of the HonFest.

http://www.honfest.net
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hate this word!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate it when people say, "Hon" to me, especially the server at a restaurant. After two or three times I politely ask them not to call me that. It's condescending, and they don't know me! I hear people from the East Coast say it more. I don't think it's that common here on the West Coast.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it. I have a FB acquaintance that I don't know very well who addresses me as "hon" every time she posts. Drives me nuts!
  • janelley3
    janelley3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find it obnoxious and really degrading and condescending
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Er...pardon?

Baitings of any sort to inflame and derail the purpose of this thread's discussion however subtle is not only unnecessary but most inappropriate via this thread... :smile: ... I'm not here to volley aimlessly. However my post entertained you is allowed you to a fault - just as I'm permitted to contribute my thoughts as I choose to.

Back on topic@crabbok's "Wed 05/01/13 03:30 PM
    Am I the only one who hates it when people say Hon? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to be flirty and drives me crazy."

Edited to add: @Superstar71 (2nd address)
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people say Hon? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to be flirty and drives me crazy.

So annoying!!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    all my friends call me "hon" i hate it i only call ppl hon or other cute nicknames when i am dating them
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When I read the title of this topic I immediately thought of Paige Michalchuk. Ten points to anyone who knows what I'm talking about lol.

tumblr_lkuhhrQP7a1qe08deo1_400.gif