People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    BALTIMORE!

THIS...Dont ever say that to a person who lives in and around the baltimore MD area...Its a religion here! We have the Hon cafe and Hon fest...You MUST say the word hon in baltiomre...and its not deemed a flirty word, its a friendly word here, almost like Hi.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    LOL. I live in Baltimore, MD. "Hon" is a way of life over here. There is even a "Hon"fest complete with beehive hairdos. I don't get it, but I'm a transplant, so that is probably why.

For me, the word is not bothersome. Hon, sweetie, babe - better than <insert expletive>. Now, another saying around here...

''you's all." DON'T get me started.

Darn, you beat me to it! LOL
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Calm down sugar.
  • wencandoit2013
    Options
    LOL. I live in Baltimore, MD. "Hon" is a way of life over here. There is even a "Hon"fest complete with beehive hairdos. I don't get it, but I'm a transplant, so that is probably why.

For me, the word is not bothersome. Hon, sweetie, babe - better than <insert expletive>. Now, another saying around here...

''you's all." DON'T get me started.

Darn, you beat me to it! LOL
    Haha!! :)
  • wencandoit2013
    Options
    Calm down sugar.
    LOL. Sure thing, muffin.
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I say it all the time but if I write it or text it, it's "hun" not "hon." "Hon" just looks stupid.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

tumblr_m0hgrohHR41rqdwq7o1_500.gif

OP: It doesn't bother me. I'm at that age where I sometimes say "hon" without realizing it. I try not to do that to people older than me, though. I can see where that'd be upsetting to people.
  • Skinny_Issy
    Skinny_Issy Posts: 61
    Options
    I only ever use hun when talking to a girl, so it's not intended to be flirty.

And I like being called hun. I think it's sweet. ^_^
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Some parts of the country that is how across genders you would say buddy.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people spell it "HUN". As in "ATTILA THE".
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I say it all the time but if I write it or text it, it's "hun" not "hon." "Hon" just looks stupid.

hon looks stupid as opposed to hun?

lol.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I do it. Some people do it to be condescending and some people are actually genuine.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I live in Baltimore MD where everyone not only knows people who say Hon but are Hons.... And if you go to Hampden you can eat at Cafe Hon. Or go to Honfest.... Yeah, not a bother to me. Rather it makes me feel comfortable and at home when I hear it used.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    I hate 'lol' and always have
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Honey, with me, it's not flirty, it's a way of life.
    Honey, sugar, sweetie, darlin...I use them all.

My peeve is someone addressing our table saying "you guys."

I did not sprout a weenie, I am not a "guy."

Everybody has their thing I suppose.
  • SquidandWhale
    SquidandWhale Posts: 259
    Options
    Hon, sugar, et al., don't bother me unless it precedes 'bless your heart,' because I know a well meaning insult is a'coming.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    My in-laws are all from Maryland/Pennsylvania, and they all say it all the time. It doesn't really bother me, though. I'm pretty sure I say it, too.

QFT. I grew up in Pennsylvania, Hon or sweetie are pretty common. Kinda like how some people use 'dude' or 'bro'...
  • drchimpanzee
    Options
    I hate 'lol' and always have

rotflmfao
  • drchimpanzee
    Options
    My in-laws are all from Maryland/Pennsylvania, and they all say it all the time. It doesn't really bother me, though. I'm pretty sure I say it, too.

QFT. I grew up in Pennsylvania, Hon or sweetie are pretty common. Kinda like how some people use 'dude' or 'bro'...

I hear ya bra. Wicked.
  • NGM7492
    NGM7492 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am from the south.. I say it all the time.. its second nature to me. If the lady gets a weird look on her face I make an effort not to say it to her again.