People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    yes, it's just you, luv.

Personally, I love endearments....I love it when the Burger King ladies call me hon...but I'd prolly love it if they said, "here's you whopper bish!" too.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Honey, with me, it's not flirty, it's a way of life.
    Honey, sugar, sweetie, darlin...I use them all.

My peeve is someone addressing our table saying "you guys."

I did not sprout a weenie, I am not a "guy."

Everybody has their thing I suppose.

:happy:
    I'm the opposite, I work with mostly men and I hate when people say "hey guys" then add "and girl" or whatever. I'm ok with guys. I've always thought of it as being a reference to the group and not necessarily male. I hate being singled out.

Like you said, everyone has their thing.
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    I always thought it was kind of strange to call a stranger "hun", but i think it's just an attempt to be friendly
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think it's sweet.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hate it! Hun and Hunny (hon, honey - however you want to spell it) are the ONLY two pet names I cannot stand. Actually, I can't stand any pet names, but I can tolerate the rest. These two just make me want to punch anyone that uses them!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I actually think it's cute. It's an intimate thing, either with friends or boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread I decided to make a concerted to not call women Hun, honey, hon, or hambone (don't ask).

I will start referring to them as Dame, Doll, Doll-face and legs.

Sincerely,
    The guy making an effort to be more understanding of dames.

dames-trailer-title-still-01.jpg
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I especially hate it when it's someone younger than me. I guess I appear youngish so sometimes a checkout girl at the store will "Hon" me and it makes me crazy. I'm like, If I had my period before you were a zygote...don't Hon me. It just SOUNDS
    condescending.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    speaking as one who tends to call people "hon", it's not condescending most of the time. It's an endearment. I'm from the south and it just naturally falls from lips as easily as Ma'am or sir. I try not to say it to men unless I know them well enough , simply because I'm happily married. :happy:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Came in to say "what a stupid useless thread" ok im done bye :)
  • llamanoir
    llamanoir Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Haha, it's one of the few terms of endearment I do not care for.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Haha...I say this all the time along with "sweetie". Its just how I talk...maybe its cause Im a bartender.
  • tbridges0210
    tbridges0210 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It depends on who says it for me. If it's an older woman I don't mind so much, but if it was a guy, I'd probably look at him funny
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    At school I call all the kids Treacle as I cannot remember 200+ kids names.
  • Renee4joy
    Renee4joy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It bothers me because I can read men very well and I know its being said in a flirty way. I told one my male coworkers that it bothers me and he stopped doing it..Now he dont know what the hell to say to me..lol..
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    It's disrespectful if you don't know the person.

ORLY? Sorry you feel that way, hon.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I don't say Hon, but I do say sweetie or sweetheart when I am working. Most of the people don't mind it. I don't discriminate I say it to both men and women. But mostly men. lol
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    We say Hun in the UK, I have never actually seen it spelt like that but obviously it makes more sense, weird eh.

Oh and I say, dear, chuck, luv, petal, that's just the way I speak, Ive been raised to speak nicely to women and I abide by that, its not flirty, I say chap, pal, buddy to the fellas, some people use words like this as their natural dialect, If people take offense they need to lighten up lol

would also like to point out . . . .Im from the North East of England so the whole southern stereotype is out the window lol
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Nope. Say it all the time. My family and I are from PA/MD so we say it all the time.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    you must not be from the south, hon.