Has anyone tried the alli pills?

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Not I. I prefer not to defecate in my britches.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i know its been said

anal

leakage

really
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    nope cause they make me think of an old childhood song....

When you're sliding into first and you feel your bladder burst.....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but while we're on the topic .....

The sign says, "for every two pounds you lose with healthy diet and exercise, Alli helps you lose one more...." (which, since we know weight loss is not linear, is kind of a hefty claim, if you ask me...)

So, if you're not losing weight by your own will and strength, these pills won't work in the first place. You all are paying exorbitant amounts of money for a pill that could make you poop your pants while putting in the hard work you should be putting in any way.

I've always thought Alli was stupid, but reading that sign put it in to a whole other level of ignorance to me.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    LMAO these posts are hilarious. I actually had good results with the alli pills, I still take them actually. However I know that I have been blessed as me and a friend who did them at the same time, I had no accidents she had a few lol. I also take ab cuts, could be a placebo but to me I notice a difference. Talk to friends, research and ensure its money you're ok with parting with if the results aren't what you'd hope. :laugh:
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Can you say Orange Oil Slick and Anal Leakage? Disgusting! And that was with keeping my fat consumption on the very low end ... I can only imagine if I hadn't cut some of it out.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I've only found two effective weight loss supplements: stimulants (amphetamines, cocaine, etc.) and this thing I got from vitamin shoppe called thinberry satiety. They're both appetite suppressants. As soon as you get off of them, you gain the weight back. Also, all thermogenics are BS. You'll have very minimal results if anything.

please cut me a line? Im not an addict, i just like how cocaine smells.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Anyways I was just feeling very discouraged at myself for falling off the diet train YET AGAIN. Grrrr and the Halloween candy didn't help!

Make the train less difficult to fall from.

Eat what you want in moderation, track your calories, maintain a proper caloric deficit. Problem solved.

Plus, you don't have to start looking at expensive pills that make you crap yourself.

^^^^ this

OP: this is a topic for jokes on this forum... but the jokes are not directed at you, but at the pills. (just thought I'd say that because you have one post) don't take any of it personally. Just follow the above advice. Usually, people who repeatedly "fail" at dieting do so because of problems with the diet itself, not problems with them. Most of the diets out there, and all of the pills, potions, snake oils etc are no good, at best they don't work at worst they damage your health and set you up to fail in the long term.

Do exercise that you enjoy and will stick to, feed your body the nutrients it needs (fat, carbs, protein, vitamins, minerals, fibre, water) and after that eat what you want but stay within your calorie limit.... that is all it takes it does not need to be hard or torturous. If you want to find out how many calories you can eat and still lose weight, there's a thread called "in place of a road map" which gives you step by step instructions for how to do that.
  • lisabundy5
    Options
    My cousin in law did last year, got VERY ill, was in the hospital for a week and a half, and has had to take meds since to keep her 'healthy' so I would NOT recommend. Hard work goes a long way. No pain, no gain. =)

Good Luck.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should read this and stick with MFP

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/545631-feminine-fat-motivation
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Stock up on TP, you're in for some poopy times!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    One word: Steatorrhea.

This is how Alli works.

For non-medical nerds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatorrhea:laugh:
  • lovemylatte
    lovemylatte Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Using Alli and it's working for me. None of the problems reported. Had another friend who recommended to me and she didn't have the gastro side effects either. I think that only happens if you don't eat a low-fat diet. It's helping me lose weight after being totally STUCK for three months...did weight watchers and exercised rigorously 4x week and lost nothing. Alli is giving me some hope.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i prefer yellow jackets and raspberry ketones...
  • Tnocooks
    Tnocooks Posts: 2
    Options
    I tried Alli and stuck with it until I decided that I wanted to eat my avocado's without worry. I was on in for 2 weeks and lost 4lbs though.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Alli eeek I too tried that years ago (while on weight watchers) - I ate a VERY low fat diet at the time. I did not notice any difference in weight loss with them. What i did notice was I still had to buy new clothes..in the same size!!
    May not affect all the same way - but even with a very low fat diet...I still would have the greasy discharge...and it was an almost constant discharge.

You can also get NO warning..."I have to poop...like NOW!!!!" moments. Not a great idea when you work half hour away!! :/

Did not finish the bottle either

What i have found over the years...and I know you will hear it alot but to date there really is NO magic pill. All false hopes of companies preying on desperate people. Sad...but totally true. In my naive days I tried many...my friends still try all the new fads and I give them the same spiel. SAVE your money!

Think of it this way - if you are taking in low calories and low fat..you will lose weight anyways?!! Why pay $60 a month for something that does what you can do for nothing?

MFP works because it is as personalized for you as you can get for free! Pills - diets etc are not. Most you can not change the dynamics as you go either which is needed.

If you try them - best of luck - but wear a panty liner and yes keep extra undies & pants with you at all times. Also stay close to bathrooms ;) Best of luck!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    use em.. but only if you want to fart stinky slimy oil.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Using Alli and it's working for me. None of the problems reported. Had another friend who recommended to me and she didn't have the gastro side effects either. I think that only happens if you don't eat a low-fat diet. It's helping me lose weight after being totally STUCK for three months...did weight watchers and exercised rigorously 4x week and lost nothing. Alli is giving me some hope.

Really? so it wasn't the calorie counting and eating at a deficit and doing jazzercise like you said in another post? It's Alli.

hmmmm
  • dltp223
    dltp223 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Alli's motto should be, "Never trust a fart." :embarassed: No, thank you!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I got the dr double strength pills called xenecal or something like that... I lasted 2 months on them. My diet was so mega low fat because i was scared to eat anything with fat content of over 10% incase i shat myself. So in that respect i guess they worked. I did once have an indian meal. literally 2 spoon fulls of korma (yes heavy on the cream) and i was ILL. I was off work for 3 days!!!!! My results while on it were the same as i get from this site. The beauty of this site is... 1 its free 2. its free and 3 its free and dosen't make you pap yourself.

If you are going to take this to aid you please do not forget to take multi vitamins. Apparently my gp told me your body needs fat in order to absorb vitamins. This supplement expels the fat so quick you miss out on vitamins from food, hence why i was advised to take vitamins.

Also please please read the side effects before you start. These pills long term can lead to all kinds of very very nasty illnesses.

Good luck xx