Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! :heart:
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Quest. Chocolate chip cookie dough being my fav ;)
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I stay away from soy, sugar, and a lot of the junk that is in all these protein bars that people are posting. Most protein bars are Terrible for you!! I only eat Quest Protein Bars, Dale's Raw Protein Bars. High in Protein. No Soy or artificial sweeteners. All natural and very clean and good for you. No junk no sugar.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love Zone Double Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bars. 190 cals, 12 grams of protein, I think 22 grams of carbs and 13 grams of sugar. That seems a little high for the carbs and sugar but I had to learn not to eat them as snacks but pre/post workout meals. Sometimes, when I can't stand it anymore I go back to my old habit of smothering one with peanut butter and having it as a snack (shhhh).

The year I turned 30, I lost 50 pounds. Zone bars played a huge part. They taste great but are packed with sugar. However, that year I started walking to/from work (little over a mile each way). When my sweet teeth kicked in, I took care of it with a protein bar - usually a Zone bar, usually the chocolate mint or fudge graham. And for lunch, I'd stick a frozen chicken breast with a handful of frozen veggies into a Ziploc steam bag. Throw it in the microwave on my lunchbreak and I was good to go. It was simple and was the only time that I "easily" (do I dare use that word?) was able to lose the weight.

If there is a protein bar you like, and you use it correctly, it can help you. I've stopped eating most protein bars (except Atkins) because of the high sugar/carb content. But actually, I should probably go back to them instead of the stuff I resort to when I break down.

Try any flavors that sound good to you (when they go on sale). Find the ones you like and work them into your diet in a smart way. There are some that I find repulsive (clif and met-rx), but others have suggested them as being quite tasty. Who knows what you will like.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic and have found ones called Think Thin. They don't have as many carbs and they have 20g protein. I really like the peanut butter ones.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We get Pure Protein bars in bulk from Costco. They taste decent and are pretty high in protein/calorie ratio. Not too pricey in bulk too.

I second this. A good protein bar should have at least 20gms protein and equal or lower carbs. APure protein comes pretty close. At only 180-200 calories per bar its a very satisfying snack.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

300.JPG

[/quote]

*gasp* Did the Kool-Aid man make these???? Are they available in grape????
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I make my own from a Jamie Eason recipe. :) Check it out on bodybuilding.com. Its called Carrot Cake Protein Bar. You can supplement any "flavor" which is baby food. Just make sure you watch the carbs if you chose to do a berry flavor.

There is also a chocolate protein bar, I haven't tried making it yet.
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Atkins and Luna - love 'em!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My personal trainers make the best protein bars that they sell at their studio, obviously this isn't going to help you out because I'm in Adelaide, Australia. Can you perhaps get a recipe & try make your own? I've tried to make mine as good as the p/t's make but no such luck.
    Good luck finding a protein bar that you like that doesn't taste like butt :laugh:
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I make my own from a Jamie Eason recipe. :) Check it out on bodybuilding.com. Its called Carrot Cake Protein Bar. You can supplement any "flavor" which is baby food. Just make sure you watch the carbs if you chose to do a berry flavor.

There is also a chocolate protein bar, I haven't tried making it yet.

The bars I make are 147cals 15g carbs 4g fat 14g protein (which I just add more powder to increase 215g sodium 4g Fiber - I am looking on how to increase this. My recipe already has flax in it.
  • JoD929
    JoD929 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Vega Sport's Protein Bar in Chocolate Coconut. The chocolate saviseed is okay, but in my opinion chocolate coconut is the BEST!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    I've tried and like Quest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Just cause I like you.............

Clif Bar & Company is committed to sourcing ingredients that are not genetically engineered in all of our products. We have stringent protocols for GMOs which includes requiring affidavits from ingredient suppliers demonstrating they can meet our non GMO requirements.
    [/quote

Thank you -- good to know. I like being wrong when it means I can eat ;-)
    Nice to see you smile... you are so passionate and caring.......and here's to you!:flowerforyou:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find one that I like. They all taste chalky to me. But if I need protein in a bind I eat it anyway. :laugh:
  • sunshine2013summer
    Options
    Life Choice Chocolate Mint Protein Bars,
    it doesnt taste tooo good which is fine because usually overeat on stuff like that,
    I would give 7.5 for taste,
    190cal.
    20g protein.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    quest
  • mattashbrock
    Options
    Oh noes teh chemicals! Quest bars taste good and have a lot of protein if that's what you are looking for. If it tides ya over to the next meal who cares if it has sugar/carbs. Pretty much any 200ish cal bar seems to work for me, sure some ingredients can help you feel fuller but if the bar you eat tides ya over go for it. The term organic is one of the most ill-defined terms and is meaningless in terms of health. In terms of worrying about if your bar is packed full of vitamins/minerals I would not worry either. Very, very few people on a western diet are vitamin deficient, our problem is excess (especially calorie excess).
  • jeffg1013
    jeffg1013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    +1 for ThinkThin. They are (comparatively) low in calories for the amount of protein. Taste pretty decent too.
  • luvriden
    luvriden Posts: 52
    Options