still have a 2000 calorie deficit...what to do

Options
2»

Replies

• BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Whats ur BF %

currently somewhere between 17-18%ish i think, i avg my scale and hand monitor measurments to get that though, and i know bioimpedance isnt the best method

What's your height/weight?
    Are your current photos, recent?

You are no where near 18% bodyfat. From what your photos look like, it's around 30% bodyfat.
    I'm at 25% bodyfat sitting at 328 right now, but I'm 6'5'' with a substantial amount of muscle mass.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    if youre going to be working out tomorrow or doing some type of heavy or intense exercise yeah go for the shake you mentioned cuz you might feel mentally weaker while working out...not really physically more mentally as it might be harder to get that extra push and drive...but if you dont really have a workout planned its not that necessary.youll give your body some time to attack some excess fat

well i plan on doing like 45-60min fasted cardio right when i wake, and am hoping to hit some weights tomorrow night, havn't lifted since sunday. ive found the casein at night makes a big difference in how long i can go without feeling queasy
    Just to point out, if you're having a casein shake right before bed, you're not really doing "fasted" cardio in the morning. Probably why it makes such big difference.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary

I'm thinking wow man you need to eat some thing

and you need to eat more often too

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

anyone can add me

I still really wanna meet this horse. He sounds like a blast. Does anyone know if he has an account here? I'd def FR him.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    What workout did you do to earn those 3,400 exercise calories? Once you get to 500-plus estimates, there's a law of diminishing returns and most standard calculations go out the window. While I'm a fan of eating back exercise calories, I've never eaten more than 800 extra, and that was marathon training. If you do that regularly, you might be better off using a TDEE -20% (or whatever deficit suits you) calculation.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big guy (300+ lb.), and many times, he eats less than I do, or he'll eat most of his food after 3 p.m. I'm trying to get it through his head that he has to eat small meals/snacks throughout the day if he wants to lose weight. He's on Weight Watchers, and they tell him to do that too. Your body needs fuel, and if you starve it, it will hold onto every calorie! Even if you're not hungry throughout the day, make yourself eat a small snack.

That's a myth. All of that, actually. Just let him eat when he wants, as long as he's meeting his calorie goal.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big guy (300+ lb.), and many times, he eats less than I do, or he'll eat most of his food after 3 p.m. I'm trying to get it through his head that he has to eat small meals/snacks throughout the day if he wants to lose weight. He's on Weight Watchers, and they tell him to do that too. Your body needs fuel, and if you starve it, it will hold onto every calorie! Even if you're not hungry throughout the day, make yourself eat a small snack.

No.

meal timing is personal preference...food will fuel your body whether you eat it every few hours or not. I personally prefer my meals later in the day because it helps me adhere to my calories, and i LIKE to eat at night.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    well i plan on doing like 45-60min fasted cardio right when i wake, and am hoping to hit some weights tomorrow night, havn't lifted since sunday. ive found the casein at night makes a big difference in how long i can go without feeling queasy
    That would be max 600 or so exercise calories, not the 3,400 you have logged! How did you calculate that?
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    That would be max 600 or so exercise calories, not the 3,400 you have logged! How did you calculate that?

I'm a little confused here too. 3406 calories from exercise is ALOT of exercise. For instance, I can do an hour on an elliptical/treadmill etc.. and only get about 700 calories from that.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    so i've still got about 2000 calories to eat today and its already 945 and i dont even know if im that hungry...should i still try to eat some more to help prevent muscle loss or will it not matter since ive already expended the energy? thanks for opinions...

You're kidding, right?
  • craigmandu
    Options
    I took a look at your diary....you were well over 2600 calories for the day.

Also, did you really only eat (0.2 servings) 1/5 of a cup of Trader Joe's - Kung Pao Chicken (Spicy)..that is a really small amount, like 1-2 bites.

I feel like you must be overestimating your exercise. There is no way your calorie needs should have been over 5000, that's just way too high. I know bodybuilders and fitness competers that don't eat near that many calories in a day.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Read his past month of logging. There are many 5,000 cal days and one that approached 9,000 calories. Holy crap. And all those exercise calories are FitBit adjustments. If he's wearing the FitBit all day, that is logging more than just exercise.

To the OP, are you still losing weight?
  • craigmandu
    Options
    Read his past month of logging. There are many 5,000 cal days and one that approached 9,000 calories. Holy crap. And all those exercise calories are FitBit adjustments. If he's wearing the FitBit all day, that is logging more than just exercise.

That would explain alot.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/814185-eating-into-fitbit-calories

Personally, I would throw that thing in the trash. You don't need it, it may not be setup right, or it may be "giving" you way too many calories.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    What workout did you do to earn those 3,400 exercise calories? Once you get to 500-plus estimates, there's a law of diminishing returns and most standard calculations go out the window. While I'm a fan of eating back exercise calories, I've never eaten more than 800 extra, and that was marathon training. If you do that regularly, you might be better off using a TDEE -20% (or whatever deficit suits you) calculation.

well my exercise calories are my fitbit calories over the 2850 i have mfp set as as my default activity level. for that specific day it was a 7 mile run in the am and then i spent 4.5 hours biking about 36 miles,including over a mountain...my hrm actually put just the buke ride at 2900 and my run was around 750
  • longtimeterp
    Options

yeah im losing weight, its just alot slower, and it fluctuates a lot. i do wear my fitbit all day, and i find it pretty much mirrors my hrm calories for the times i have them both on
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    I took a look at your diary....you were well over 2600 calories for the day.

Also, did you really only eat (0.2 servings) 1/5 of a cup of Trader Joe's - Kung Pao Chicken (Spicy)..that is a really small amount, like 1-2 bites.

I feel like you must be overestimating your exercise. There is no way your calorie needs should have been over 5000, that's just way too high. I know bodybuilders and fitness competers that don't eat near that many calories in a day.

i TOTALLY ate only .2 servings...i was sooo upset, i spent the last 2 hours of my bike ride craving the leftover serving, and when i got back first thing i did was grab it out of the fridge, heat it, and when i took it out of the microwave i spilled it on the floor and there were only like 3 pieces of the chicken and a couple pepper slivers left...so i ate it! AND I LOGGED IT! thanks for doubting lol!