Would you go to a school reunion in my shoes!?

Options
124»

Replies

• MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    @maggiepuccini - Don't worry about being judged. I noticed that at my10th reunion, everyone wanted to show each other up. I married this girl, make so much money, and look at my house and boat.
    10 years are like that. I used to bartend at a hall and we'd pull each others hair out to work them because everyone would overtip to be a show off :laugh:

Anything 20 years or more is FAR less pretentious (for the most part). You should definitely go...you never know who you might reconnect with. I reconnected with some amazing girlfriends at my 20, and we're planning our 25th this summer too (and at least one of the people on our committee is recently divorced and just moved in with her parents). Its safe to say there will be other people there in your same shoes...don't let it stop you from having fun!

I WANTED TO LIKE THIS POST! LIKE LIKE.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Well, have you decided yet?
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yes, I've definitely decided! i'm going. I'm going to lose five pounds by mid june, ok, maybe four :-p , and I'm going to get a gorgeous guna and it'll all be fine!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    yes, I've definitely decided! i'm going. I'm going to lose five pounds by mid june, ok, maybe four :-p , and I'm going to get a gorgeous guna and it'll all be fine!
    awesome...I'm sure you're going to have a great time!!
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why do you need a new man to go to a school reunion?

Just do what Romy and Michele did...

tumblr_m4z52tblrg1qdv0syo1_500.gif
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Heck yea I'd go! Network...you might find a job!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You know what would be really awesome? Go, show up confidently, tell anyone who asks the truth. Be open. Own your reality. If you are OK with it, and can get over the fear of being judged, I think showing up and being completely open and who you are will be life affirming.

^^^^This

These are people that was once a daily part of your life. You liked some and some you didnt. You grew up together and shared some happy youthful moments. You showing up and owning who you are will gain respect - including your own; and will nurture confidence. You are not obligated to share all the minutiae about yourself......and, there will be others who are in the same situation as you.

There will be some who are hoping to see you again.