People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    Hun/darling/love/sweetie - it's all very disingenuous from a stranger and I don't like it. Phoney as hell. But from someone I know and love? I like it :happy:

When I lived in Leeds men would call each other 'love' and I found it really amusing. Must be a Yorkshire thing! :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YEP! I HATE IT.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Wow now my brain hurts. Can't decide whether you're a complete genius or just had a stroke! :huh:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    The Hon Fest

tumblr_lmh53qhDPu1qzxasuo1_500.jpg
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

What. The. Eff ??? O.o
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

tumblr_mkty7wYqqY1s2lvigo1_400_zps9564614f.gif
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "hun" because my boyfriend says it when he is being mean. lol. "Hun, don't do that."
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Oh hon,...I agree
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Well hon, since I'm from the South and we call everyone Hon, Presious, Sweetie pie etc. I dont find it offensive. Its a way of life.

This for me too! I was in the grocery one time and bumped my cart with an older gentleman. I said, I'm so sorry sweetie. He looked up and said what did you say? I thought oh no, he's going to give me a lecture about calling him sweetie. So I told him what I said and that I was sorry if I offended him. He said no, no, no, it's been so many years since anyone ever called me sweetie and I wanted to hear you say it again. He smiled and said thank you and left the aisle with a big grin on his face.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yea... I say 'hun' too... to women, men.. I think it is from too much time spent working in the trucking industry hahaha
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My in-laws are all from Maryland/Pennsylvania, and they all say it all the time. It doesn't really bother me, though. I'm pretty sure I say it, too.

This. I live in the Baltimore area and damn...if you ever plan to visit this area, you better get used to hearing "Hon"...

Baltimore even has a cafe called "Hon"...I'm to the point where I call everyone Hon now...

I've always called my husband "Hon" or "Honey"...

You could be called worse.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

This. It's just common sense!
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hate it.

Usually means someone cant be bothered to remember your REAL name
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. I hear it all the time living in the South.

M'am on the other hand, NO.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Attila approves of this thread.
    Attila_zps28c4a53e.jpg
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I...I don't even know how to add to this.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options

I approve of the above Engrish!!

Oh, And back on topic, I call Women Hun, mostly because I get shouted at if I call them the wrong name, But I'm no good with names, and I've been told I may be Dislexic, Call a few "Luv" but that's not really a problem round here (Liverpool, UK)
  • wencandoit2013
    Options
    LOL. I live in Baltimore, MD. "Hon" is a way of life over here. There is even a "Hon"fest complete with beehive hairdos. I don't get it, but I'm a transplant, so that is probably why.

For me, the word is not bothersome. Hon, sweetie, babe - better than <insert expletive>. Now, another saying around here...

''you's all." DON'T get me started.