Why I quit smoking weed

Options

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Yuck!

Makes me hyperventilate and have anxiety problems. I end up tripping out nonstop and cannot take control.

No thanks!
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    One time I was so high I thought my heart was going to stop beating. My sister laughed and laughed hysterically when I told her to call an ambulance. She was literally rolling around on the floor as I thought I was dying. :laugh: LMBO! I could hear my heart beating. Wonder what was in that weed. Hmmmm.

Just sounds to me like you got really really REALLY stoned.

I would include a story here, but I've never smoked a marijuana in my life!!!! So I can't.
    54g18o.gif
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It gave me a peaceful night's sleep...but I haven't touched the stuff in about 4 years lol
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    After eight years, I decided to quit once I graduated college. I quit also because I didn't want to waste my money on it anymore. I didn't want to deal with the whole process of getting it. It just became a hassle.

Same! I used to find it ridiculous that my friends were spending $120 a week on it... then I became one of those people... :-/
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Coincidence it's 4:20 long? :p But really, not everyone is THAT guy. Some people actually use it for medical conditions. ADHD, insomnia, depression... Just to name a few. You don't need to be out of your mind obnoxious just because you're high, though some people like to take it that far.

agreed-- some people are better after a bowl haha

True... but then a few hours after said bowl they are burnt-out and irritated. I know, because that was me. :tongue:
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I never quit, I just haven't smoked any in so long (like a decade).

One time I was so high I thought my heart was going to stop beating. My sister laughed and laughed hysterically when I told her to call an ambulance. She was literally rolling around on the floor as I thought I was dying. :laugh: LMBO! I could hear my heart beating. Wonder what was in that weed. Hmmmm.

I'll smoke it again someday. Maybe legally?! :huh:

Perhaps! The bill (for medical use, at least) has passed the House of Representatives, and now just has to pass the Senate. If I ever get cancer, or some other awful disease, it would be awesome just to smoke weed all day... however, if recreational use is never legalized, I won't feel cheated.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    I quit because I am a Time Traveller. For the last few years, I have been privileged enough to have my very own time machine. Every time I take a trip anywhere in my time traveling car, I time travel for a small portion of the trip. I don't need to reach 88 miles per hour, nor do I need a flux capacitor. I just put my foot on the gas pedal, and when my car shifts from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, it's time traveling time. At this point, the speedometer instantly jumps up approximately 20km/h and it practically breaks your neck. This is most definitely time traveling because the jump is virtually instantaneous. Another indication that my car is indeed a time machine is its name, Mazda 626 Cronos, and everyone knows that cronos=time travel. Ever played Cronotrigger? Did you know they used a cronos for controlling time in that game?
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the odd J now and again :smile:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I quit after a trip to visit me cousin...she met me at the airport with a blunt and the only time we weren't stoned was when we got drunk on bourbon street. I just felt burnt out after that.

But I wouldn't say no to the occasional time now and again if the chance arose ;)

I smoked through my junior and senior years and my freshman year of college....never dipped below a 3.8 GPA and graduated top ten in my class. Plus worked full time.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I enjoy the odd J now and again :smile:

I would like to get to that point, but right now I can't seem to smoke it once without wanting to smoke it daily and in massive quantities :tongue: so away it goes!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've never even seen weed...true story...

Me either. I don't even know how it smells. I have heard that it smells kind of sweet. I have never used any illegal drugs. I don't drink. My husband now is a complete teetotaler and is very against drugs so we are a a very boring couple. ; )

My dad smoked weed all through high school and college. He told me. He started homeschooling me in high school I think in part to keep me away from the drugs. He did not want that for me.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i was trying to be funny in my last post, but honestly, a lot of people shouldn't smoke pot. the paranoid set, the people that get the heart palpitations and cant handle it. the people that have a bad habit and cant stop easily. there are lots of reasons to quit. i just hope that in quitting for your own reasons, you do not vilify it for those of us that can smoke.

there is nothing wrong with smoking weed if you can. it is not a gateway drug (i dont know about you, but i tried alcohol way before i tried weed). if you dont like it dont smoke it, but dont ruin it for the rest of us. try not to judge us too harshly. we are not all pot heads. i know many business owners, CEO's, upstanding citizens, who smoke for various reasons. the pot heads are a vocal minority and do not represent the majority of pot smokers.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My dad smoked weed all through high school and college. He told me. He started homeschooling me in high school I think in part to keep me away from the drugs. He did not want that for me.

lol...my dad still smokes on occasion! Helps him with chronic pain. You'd never guess he's a toker looking at him though.
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Coincidence it's 4:20 long? :p But really, not everyone is THAT guy. Some people actually use it for medical conditions. ADHD, insomnia, depression... Just to name a few. You don't need to be out of your mind obnoxious just because you're high, though some people like to take it that far.

agreed-- some people are better after a bowl haha

True... but then a few hours after said bowl they are burnt-out and irritated. I know, because that was me. :tongue:

Yerp.. But it's for a good cause initially hah. I don't see anything wrong with it unless its directly interfering with your life and goals. I have a friend who swears that because his ADHD is suppressed, he's smarter when he's high haha. It's fuggen awesome
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i was trying to be funny in my last post, but honestly, a lot of people shouldn't smoke pot. the paranoid set, the people that get the heart palpitations and cant handle it. the people that have a bad habit and cant stop easily. there are lots of reasons to quit. i just hope that in quitting for your own reasons, you do not vilify it for those of us that can smoke.

there is nothing wrong with smoking weed if you can. it is not a gateway drug (i dont know about you, but i tried alcohol way before i tried weed). if you dont like it dont smoke it, but dont ruin it for the rest of us. try not to judge us too harshly. we are not all pot heads. i know many business owners, CEO's, upstanding citizens, who smoke for various reasons. the pot heads are a vocal minority and do not represent the majority of pot smokers.

:flowerforyou: Just to add.. If you can't smoke weed and have a successful life, that's your problem. Don't blame the weed for your inability to utilize moderation :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My parents smoke up. They always have, but only at night long after they were done parenting. I remember smelling it a lot. I like to partake when offered. In fact, I wish I had some right now because it would really help with my PMSing. I want to be mellowed out! I never really got the munchies when high.
  • Ramberta
    Options

:flowerforyou: Just to add.. If you can't smoke weed and have a successful life, that's your problem. Don't blame the weed for your inability to utilize moderation :)

Oh I don't blame weed for anything. It has never done me wrong :heart: and even when I smoked daily, I still went to work and school and did what I needed to do.

The problem lies with me -- like you say, I can't utilize moderation with it any more. If it's anywhere around me I WILL smoke it until it's gone... and then scrape the resin... /cough
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Because I'm an adult who doesn't want to risk getting arrested, losing my job, never being able to get another job because of a criminal record and not wanting to support criminal enterprises.

it's sooooo irresponsible, selfish and not worth it.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    My parents smoke up. They always have, but only at night long after they were done parenting. I remember smelling it a lot. I like to partake when offered. In fact, I wish I had some right now because it would really help with my PMSing. I want to be mellowed out! I never really got the munchies when high.

I would still smoke every single day if I didn't have that happen, lol!! Unfortunately, though I learned to curb it most of the time, a lot of my binge-eating was tied to smoking simply because food tasted so MAGICAL.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Because I'm an adult who doesn't want to risk getting arrested, losing my job, never being able to get another job because of a criminal record and not wanting to support criminal enterprises.

it's sooooo irresponsible, selfish and not worth it.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But THC is a drug regulated and approved by the FDA -- the reason it remains a criminalized substance is because decriminalizing it would a) make the government less money and b) admit defeat of the illusory "War on Drugs".

Please think before you patronize!
This discussion has been closed.