leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Me at home: *sound of bong gurgling*

I loved that sound - :heart: :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :smokin: :tongue:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    If you have a new business and you take out an ad in the paper to advertise said business... and you have a website listed in said ad... THEN MAKE SURE THE DAYUM WEBSITE IS DONE and UP before you put it in the ad!
  • victorianjewel
    Options

@ ZH - It saddens me that you use the past tense in that sentence. You gotta keep up. :smokin: :drinker:

That is the sweetest sound in the world
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

@ ZH - It saddens me that you use the past tense in that sentence. You gotta keep up. :smokin: :drinker:

That is the sweetest sound in the world

Just tryin' to throw "The Man" off my trail... :happy:
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    I work in a call center (I AM NOT A TELEMARKETER) I answer the phone for 90 clinics and I get the call that says "You just called me, what do you want" Ummm, I didn't call, I don't know which clinic you are calling, and I don't know who you freakin are! I am not a mind reader.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    The old lady next door who feeds the animals regardless of the community rules that say not to. And the $125 fine.

I'm not talking about a handfull of nuts for a squirrel.

I'm talking about an entire freaking loaf of crumbled bread thrown out on the lawn.

When I got in my car once, I accidentally hit the windshield wipers. Picture cheez-its flying at 7am. No need for coffee, I am now wide awake.

As if its not bad enough that its on her lawn, she flings it from the door in any direction. Its on my proch, my backyard, the hood of my car- along with a million scratches from squirrels climbing up there. Bagels, peanuts, bread, crackers.....

Not to mention the bugs that are attracted to it and the squirrels that become psycho and try to come IN MY HOUSE looking for food. Then there is a mouse problem in the complex and people put out poison. Then the stupid mice come die in my yard.

OK. I'm done ranting.
  • immacookie
    Options
    I work in a call center (I AM NOT A TELEMARKETER) I answer the phone for 90 clinics and I get the call that says "You just called me, what do you want" Ummm, I didn't call, I don't know which clinic you are calling, and I don't know who you freakin are! I am not a mind reader.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOVE that! "Yeah someone just called me from this number"... uhhh... ok?
  • immacookie
    Options
    Ok I need to vent (no not about work for once).... I've ALWAYS ordered my dog's heartworm meds online from various places, I shop prices and order a year's supply with whoever is cheapest. I get the order and I delete the email receipt.
    Earlier this year I switched vets and dog went and had all the yearly shots and also yearly heartworm. I ask about prescription because I order online and vet says "oh no problem just have the company call us and we'll confirm it". Fast forward to today, I'm currently OUT of meds and placed an order a week ago. I call the place to follow up and they say I need to call my vet (um ok you couldn't call me to tell me that BEFORE now?).

I call the vet and the girl at the desk says I have to provide PROOF that my dog has been on these heartworm meds continuously for a year and she needs a copy of the last time it was filled.... UHHHH ok, maybe someone could have told me THAT piece of information back in March when I was there and ASKED specifically about it???? If there was any prescription info on the box I threw it away on July 1st when I gave her the last pill, I've never HAD to keep anything like this before.

So now I get to go home tonight and try to sort through old credit card receipts from a year ago and HOPE that I find a purchase from an online pet place. :explode:

(and yeah ok, I probably should have been keeping those purchase records, but in 9 years of owning this dog and 11 years of owning my previous dog I have NEVER had to keep that info)
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    :explode:

Venting about work - I just a client phone to tell me she is out of batteries for her hearing aids. Normally, we tell the client to drop into the clinic to pick some up. However, today the receptionist is sick, + the consultant is working by himself = no drop ins. I tell the client this and she absolutely loses it on me. "I've been out of batteries for 3 days and I absolutely must have batteries today, I'm going to see the Lion King tonight!!"

OK, if you've been out of batteries for 3 days 1) how have you been hearing? 2) Why did you wait 3 days to decide you needed batteries and 3) Why did you not pick up a supply when you were in last.

Why can't people think ahead.....
  • immacookie
    Options
    failure to plan on your part.....................................................
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    Of course it's my fault.......
  • immacookie
    Options
    Wastin away again in margaritaville
    Searchin for my lost shaker of salt
    Some people claim that there's a wooooomaaaan to blame
    But I know it's my own damn fault
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If your receipt says 30 days with tags attached and unworn then why do you yell at me??? I just work here. I did not make the policy.

GRRRRRRRR This drives me insane! It's like people are incapable of reading 1 sentence.

I currently work at Lowes in the paint department and every single can of mixed paint says in all caps NO RETURNS ON TINTED PAINT. And yet people bring it back (because they didn't realize burnt orange would clash with nursery pink? Really?) and flip *kitten* until a manager gives them a refund, which only reinforces their notion that "If I scream loud enough I'll get what I want."

The way people treat customer service-based employees in general is a serious pet peeve. Just because I'm on the other side of this counter doesn't make you superior to me, doesn't give you the right to abuse me, and quite frankly, I don't get paid enough to put up with your B.S.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Your inability to plan does not constitute an emergency for me!! :noway:
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    If your receipt says 30 days with tags attached and unworn then why do you yell at me??? I just work here. I did not make the policy.

GRRRRRRRR This drives me insane! It's like people are incapable of reading 1 sentence.

I currently work at Lowes in the paint department and every single can of mixed paint says in all caps NO RETURNS ON TINTED PAINT. And yet people bring it back (because they didn't realize burnt orange would clash with nursery pink? Really?) and flip *kitten* until a manager gives them a refund, which only reinforces their notion that "If I scream loud enough I'll get what I want."

The way people treat customer service-based employees in general is a serious pet peeve. Just because I'm on the other side of this counter doesn't make you superior to me, doesn't give you the right to abuse me, and quite frankly, I don't get paid enough to put up with your B.S.

Amen!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options

Also annoying - when I dilligently plan out every piece of food going into my mouth for the day and someone asks me to share. Come ON, I'm on a diet! I don't want to share my food with you, but saying no sounds awful. :(

This is mine, big time.

I laughed so hard reading this. I'm the same way. My boyfriend wants whatever I bring into the living room to snack on. Honey, I counted out 20 pretzels and that is what I'm logging, not 18. Go get your own!

Ha, ha! I do this too! Except I usually share with the 4-year-old... but you better believe I make a mental note and go refill what he's eaten afterwards! :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    What the heck? Wells Fargo's first-time homebuyer's guide says to go to www.homedownpayment.org for more information about down-payment assistance programs....and it's a site for lingerie! OMG :explode:

Seriously, type it in...

If anyone gets anything different, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    Yup, that's lingerie!!
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    brussel sprouts
    cauliflower

yes, they're pet peeves :laugh:
  • blessed00
    blessed00 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have SOOO many pet peeves but the first one that comes to mind is when you go to a store, and you park way away from any other cars, no cars for 30 spaces and when you get out some turd pulls right beside you! Oh that makes me furious..lol