Replies

• mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks, bump!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    To everyone who is worried about the taste of olive oil in baking, you can't tell the difference. I use it for all my baking and eveyone always comments on how rich everything is....
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    bump
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks, having guests for dinner and this will make the perfect dessert!
  • sllynn030
    sllynn030 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for putting this on earlier! I made these for a dinner party last night and it was a BIG hit!! Super yummy!!:drinker:

1415403.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nicki17
    nicki17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • leanlindajean
    Options
    YUM YUM YUM!!! Thank you so much! I don't have honey on hand, but I'm sure agave syrup or brown rice syrup will work... the olive oil is such a small amount, I'm sure it won't be noticed, but I'm sure grapeseed or even canola could be substituted with no problem. Yes? Thanks again!!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I made these last night, they are very chocolaty and more cake like, I brought some to work and let some people try them and they were very well received, I followed the recipe exactly and I would eat them again. I still have about 8-10 of them at home, I guess the kids cant try them tonight :)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    To everyone who is worried about the taste of olive oil in baking, you can't tell the difference. I use it for all my baking and eveyone always comments on how rich everything is....

I second that! People will not notice if they don't know. I wrote my own brownie recipe a while ago and it uses EVOO and people love them! I would just recomend not licking the spoon as it will likely ruin it for you, since the batter with EVOO is not so good!
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bump
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    keeper!
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At last! A somewhat healthy brownie! :happy:
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • krb89
    krb89 Posts: 2
    Options
    bump!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BUMP:flowerforyou:
  • lshunter
    lshunter Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting the reassurance. I would've been very afraid to use olive oil even to spray the pan.

So... you use olive oil in your actual baking recipes as well? Like, subbing it for veggie oil & whatnot? Or just to grease the pan?
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for posting!
  • AmberWilkie
    Options
    bump