Books: Are you reading anything?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The Time Traveler's Wife!! So good... and since it's broken up into so many little episodes or chapters, it's so easy to pick up when I have a few minutes.

Good book! Not really crazy about the film though

I actually enjoyed that film. I'll have to check out this book. i imagine it's even better. (I find books tend to be better than movies)
  • tammyvaughn1957
    Options
    I'm reading "The Blessed". It's about the Shaker community. It's hard to get into but if I'm alone and it's quiet, I am able to read it. I also have some Amish Stories that I intend to read. I'll probably take them with me to read while I'm in the hospital. I find out tomorrow when my hip replacement surgery is. I'm reading the Anne of Green Gables books on Kindle. It has 11 books on it. I love reading my kindle (on my PC).
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Awesomely good.
  • ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just started reading Demons Are Forever, I've had it for ages, but forgot all about it. I was too busy re-reading Harry Potter for the millionth time, that and Dracula :3
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice. I'm actually plowing through her entire Vampire Chronicles. I forgot how good vampire fiction COULD be!
  • Claudiaaa1528
    Options
    Little behind everyone so Fifty shades of Grey!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 3rd book of a series. LOVE THEM.... by Ann Cleeves called Red Bones.
    First one is Raven Black
    Second is White Nights

They are murder mystery/thriller novels that take place on the Shetland Islands! Really great books!

I jump around between her books and Stephen White's books. His are great too
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Paris Wife last night and it was pretty good, a fiction about Hadley Richardson (Ernest Hemingway's first wife.) I started The Poisonwood Bible today...
  • ereinik
    ereinik Posts: 73
    Options
    Re reading East of Eden for about the 10th time, definitely my all time favorite.
  • nconley83
    nconley83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading several books - but the one that has most of my attention is the last installment of the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Series called Dead Ever After.
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Rereading Vampire Academy, and EXCELLENT series! And just finished a series about the Napolean War-ish era, but with an Aerial Corps consisting of dragons XD

Love Vampire Academy, have you read the Bloodlines series that comes after?

I am currently re-reading all of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child, this time in chronological order...
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Paris Wife last night and it was pretty good, a fiction about Hadley Richardson (Ernest Hemingway's first wife.) I started The Poisonwood Bible today...

I just finished The Paris Wife a few days back. I enjoyed it as well.

It's been years since I read The Poisonwood Bible but I remember really enjoying it. Hope you like it.

ETA: I'm currently reading Bachlor Brothers' Bed & Breakfast by Bill Richardson. Lots of funny scenes.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov -
    has some of the most amazing prose! and is so poka dotted with allusions that it keeps me hunting after of great works.

I'm looking forward to reading his piece The Enchanter - supposedly it's about a thousand times more disturbing. I'm hoping it's brilliant.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Have read all the "Stephanie" books by Evanovitch. . . . love them!:smooched:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Only "funny" books I like (but in this case LOVE) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I took a break from my preferred genre and started reading "Survivors," by James Wesley Rawles. It's not too great, but I'm finishing it just because...I can't stand to start a book and not finish it no matter how much it sucks.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    A Game of Thrones - about halfway through

NROL4W - Just started

The Girl That Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Just started

I should probably stick to one & read it through. XD
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    A Severe Mercy - Sheldon Vanauken (might read the biography after...we'll see!)