Chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    alternate your chocolate allowance between the milk and dark. Dark chocolate is an acquired taste. Eventually you find that the dark chocolate will start to be more satisfying. It takes quite a while though. Although I have pretty much switched to dark chocolate, every now and then I want a really good piece of milk chocolate, and I have it!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Any chocolates I want (I have m&m's, reece peanut butter cups, rolo, kinder, and aero bars currently in my house)
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    a scoop of raw cacao powder in plain yogurt with some sort of sweetening is delicious

Yep raw cacao powder in something like soya yogurt or hot in rice milk does it for me!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I just try to make it fit. I had too many cals left over today so I'm having a snickers bar right now!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own chocolate fudge/dipping sauce when I haven't had time to pick up my weekly stash..

cocoa powder, almond milk, stevia/honey bit of coconut oil

melt it all in a pot+dip strawberries=chocogasm.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Oddly enough, I don't get chocolate cravings. I like chocolate, though and will sometimes get those little fun sized bars to keep around (or Hershey kisses). If you have a lot of self control and can eat just a couple at a time while keep the rest away in the cupboard or drawer, then that could be one way to curb your craving. If not, I know you can sometimes find smaller versions of some candy bars. If you have ever heard of Ritter Sport, you can buy the "fun size" version of those separately) and having just one won't shoot your calories up too high. I'm not sure if they are easy to find where you live as they are here.

It's okay to give in to cravings every now and then. I find a little here and there helps more than if I deprive myself, only to end up binging on what I am craving later. But that's just me.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I just drank a mug of Carnation Rich & Creamy Hot Chocolate for 120 calories. Yum. Yum.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I hear everyone talk about how they crave chocolate - I have never been a chocoholic - if it is in front of me, I will eat it but I seldom buy it! I am a salty chip craver!!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    if it fits my macros I eat it! #milkchocolatelover dark chocolate doesn't do it for me either...

Though I'd rather have salty snacks 9 times out of 10.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    eat chocolate.

or eat a small piece of chocolate, then an apple, or carrot, or something, then suck on another piece of choc slowly. i feel full and the first and last tastes are both chocolate, so i trick myself into thinking i ate a lot of chocolate.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have high fiber granola bars with chocolate in them that can usually satisfy my craving. But sometimes I will just set aside some calories for something sweet at the end of the day or something. Like a piece of Lindt dark chocolate with chili. SO good. c: It's about the same amount of calories as milk chocolate, I believe.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    There's always room for chocolate. :heart: :love:
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    skinny cow
    or fudgescicle
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Atkins snack bars, milk chocolate covering is sooo good
  • BrandoBlain
    Options
    Used to buy the Godiva 72% cacao with almonds but now I am hooked on Their 86% cacao minus the almonds.
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers frozen toffee crunch bar 100 calories or reduced fat oreo at 50 calories. Fiber one bars have a 90 calorie bar too! :D
  • cutiemexiz
    cutiemexiz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I make a low-calorie hot chocolate that has all the taste :)

1 & 1/2 cup milk
    2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
    1tbs agave necter or use splenda (idk how many packets)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

heat milk in microwave for 2.5 mins, put all ingredients in cup and pour milk in (its a lot easier to stir everything in). it tastes SUPER yummy!!!
  • MusicLee_
    MusicLee_ Posts: 19
    Options
    protein powder and unsweetened cocoa made dip
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my chocolate, so most days I will pre log it so it fits in my day. And try the " treat size bars" ok so they are not big but all under 100 cals and u get chocolate. :)