620 days on MFP + First HALF MARATHON race!!! (pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• StephMcw
    StephMcw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    amazing! great job!
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thank you for sharing your story! :-)
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Learned that anything is possible.

Here's me in the summer of 2011.
    IMG_5141-3.jpg

620 days may seem like a lot, but really, it's not. It's less than two years. What I've done in the last 620 days is crazy. I went from a partially paralyzed spinal cord injury patient in a wheel chair, to a half marathon race finisher - and I RAN the whole thing!

Today was AMAZING!!! I ran in the St. Luke's Half Marathon in Allentown, PA. It was my first half marathon race.

Partway through the run. SO HAPPY!!!
    6803C5C6-6E59-47D5-98BF-2928196FA5C7-13925-00000E36B075DC8B_zps1231fadd.jpg

My fan club (husband, 3 kids, brother and sister in law) met up with me a few times on the course, and this was at mile 12.5. What great timing, I really used their energy to finish out the last bit of the race.
    2013-04-28halfmarathon001_zps189161a2.jpg

Finished running! 2:24:59. That's 11:05min/mile avg pace and also includes standing in line for the bathroom at mile 5.5! Certainly not the fastest but I'm so happy with how the race went. This was my fourth time running this distance (I ran it three times since February prior in training), but I felt SO GOOD the entire time I was running. It was my first time running this distance where I still felt like I had fuel left in the tank when I was done.
    5ffca68b-eed8-4e9b-ab5e-5e57a52e33f8_zps49169de5.jpg

What's up next, oh I signed up for a little thing called the Philadelphia Marathon, which is in November 2013. FULL Marathon training starts in 8 weeks!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Answers to Frequently asked questions:

I'm 32 years old, 5' 8.5", mother of three kids ages 2.5, 4.5, and 7.

Thanks for reading!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

^ Anything IS possible!!!!! AMAZING, thanks for sharing. :happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mstrickland9
    Options
    wow what an inspiration your story truly is!! What you have accomplished is nothing short of absolutely amazing, thanks so much for sharing your story and your pics with us!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm very inspired by your story. I started at 306, and I've been training for a 5K. I don't know if I'll ever try for a half marathon. I didn't expect to enjoy running. But I surprised myself! I'm slow (I can do a 5K under an hour---best time 54:30). But I'm improving! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • hollybugs
    hollybugs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So awesome, I think I needed this reminder that things just take time and persistence eventually pays off! Congratulations on your success!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Love your story! Congrats! :)
  • kelsis61
    kelsis61 Posts: 11
    Options
    You look amazing!! You are truly an inspiration!! I will have to keep your story in my memory banks of there is no reason why I cant do this!! Good luck on your upcoming marathon!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Amazing, simply amazing!! You are a role model and inspiration to us all and you look marvelous. Thank you for sharing.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'll :drinker: to your current and continued success! Great work and you look marvelous!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! :)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    This is what true dedication is. Living your goals and not simply living for a target. What a great job you have done!
    I am extremely impressed with your devotion.

AWESOME JOB!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    very inspiring! well done! and good luck on your marathon!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Your post made me want to cry with happiness. You are amazing. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for showing that it CAN be done. You look sensational.
  • Morganva
    Morganva Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the half marathon. What an amazing and inspiring story. Thanks for sharing.
  • ouleanna
    ouleanna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!