You know you are addicted to working out when...

Options

Replies

• lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When ALL of your friends know not to bother you on Tuesday or Thursday nights because that when you ride.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You get giddy and excited for your Sunday Funday boot camp class because you know you're going to be in intense pain for days following it and if you didn't throw up, clearly you didn't bring it.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You keep your HRM with you in case the opportunity for a spontaneous workout arises
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I put out my gym clothes for the 4:45 wake up call and I'm too excited to sleep
    Or
    I realize after Sunday morning Pilates class that my weekend chores are already done so I can justify a quick hour of cardio.

Yup, addicted....
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    When you stop carrying an everyday handbag with you and instead switch to your rucksack with gym stuff JUST IN CASE on a "rest" day you're "in town" (I do this alot, it's sneaky!)

When your Polar watch can't come quick enough and you bite the hand of the postlady when she brings it.

When you go for a three mile "in the zone" walk just for the hell of it.

When you reschedule your other plans around gym time.

When you look at the clock in the gym and think "Ahhh! I want more time!"

When you try and persuade other people to come along with you, but realise you actually prefer working out alone!
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When....

- Someone invites you to dinner after work and you think "crap, better get up early and go in the AM cause I just cant mess up my schedule"
    - You own and buy more athletic sneakers than heels or dress shoes
    - Your sports bra drawer has over flowed
    - You get more excited for leg day than Friday
    - You google the hotel you are staying at to make sure it has a fitness center that is acceptable
    - Calluses arent gross but awesome!
    - You follow more fitness people on instagram that you don't know than people you know in real life

Duuuuuder. This is so me! I def don't have the abs to show it yet but all that stuff you named totally applies! :)
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Staff at the gym ask you to lower your running speed because of a power fluctuation. And you feel sad inside.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Btw, this is officially my fav thread. What better than to be surrounded by fitness freaks to remind you how badass and sometimes weird this journey is.... carry on... :)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    When,,,,it's 2:47 am and you can't wait for the pool to open at six on Saturday!

That me right now!

Jan
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    When it's a beautiful day and you don't head to the park but go for a jog :laugh:
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm new so exercise is still this terrifying overwhelming monster. I cannot wait for the time when I will love it. Thanks for giving me hope :)
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    Oh, how about being "caught" paving off he length of the pool to calculate mileage?

Or spending copious amounts of money on workout do-dads (waterproof lap calculating watch, swim gloves, weights .... )
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    I'm new so exercise is still this terrifying overwhelming monster. I cannot wait for the time when I will love it. Thanks for giving me hope :)

Do you know That adage, "if you do what you love, you'll love what you do" ? Well, that's how you get there.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love It! I identified with far to many of these. You all rock!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    " when you are bored and just start doing jumping jacks because you want to burn calories"
    "when you ask every one practically even a 6 yr old nephew if they want to workout doing something on the wii because you want to keep active"
    "when you have a rest day but you end up doing a workout because you yearn for it."

Also I agree with
    someone who stated " wearing your polar watch as an accessory, and doing laundry and seeing you have more workout clothes, and wanting to buy more workout clothes than normal clothes. "
  • cjfitnessme
    cjfitnessme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    when you sleep you begin to dream about working out in the gym.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    When...
    ...you are bored and that is the first thing you can think of to do.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    When the hardest day of the month is your rest day
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    When I take the kids for a quick swim and end up doing seventy laps.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    - Someone invites you to dinner after work and you think "crap, better get up early and go in the AM cause I just cant mess up my schedule"

A true addict would see moving the workout as messing up the schedule and decline dinner.

That's how I see it too. Just last night a friend texted me to switch our plans from this afternoon to this morning. I had planned a run around the bay this morning, so I declined. The weather will be perfect! We'll meet up tomorrow. My workouts are very important to me.

Actually the drinks invitation? No thanks, I'm working out. I don't consider the stuff listed necessarily "addictive." I consider it healthy living. And the sports bra one? Buahaaaaaaaa!! I have 2 drawers overflowing with sports bras and one full one for pretties. I just ordered a few more sports bras yesterday, so I've got to empty another drawer. I also took out my shorts for the season & will need another drawer for that. Plus hubby's taking me to lulu for mother's day so get ready for more re-organizing!