Chicken......Again????

Options

Replies

• Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My basic is Grilled Chicken Breast (boneless skinless) sliced thin, Sprinkled with cheese (melted) / 1/2 cup fresh salsa ( the kind where you only see the veggies not the sauce kind) and baked scoops. I've had it A LOT so I am thankful for your post :)
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    very simple, but delish mainade your chicken in yoghurt with a couple of tbs of lemon juice.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate chicken breasts or pork tenderloin in sweet italian dressing or any other kind of italian. Then grill.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I just made some Lemon chicken last night.

Took 2 breasts, pounded them out. Then sprinkle some salt, tiny bit of Italian seasoning & pepper on both side, add some minced garlic & half of a squeezed lemon. I pan "fried" it in a tiny bit of olive oil.

It was really good & easy.
  • seaya5
    seaya5 Posts: 4
    Options
    Jerk Chicken
    2 TBS yellow mustard
    juice of 1 lime
    juice of 1/2 lemon
    3 habenero peppers
    1 TBS cider vinegar
    1 TBS chopped cilantro
    2 scallions sliced

In a blender or small food processor, combine the ingredients above and puree to liquify.

Then add:
    1 TBS dried rosemary
    1 TBS dried thyme
    1 TBS dried basil
    1 TBS mustard seeds
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper

and blend to make the Jerk paste/marinade.
    Marinate 4, 100 gram chunks of chicken breasts for a couple of hours or overnight.
    Prepare the grill and cook the chicken breasts for aprox. 4-5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Try not to move them around too much. The rub will make a crust on the chicken. The inside temperature should be 160 dg/f.
    Serve with Citrus Cabbage Slaw

Only 142 calories, 5.7 carbs and 24g protein.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Cheese Skillet - my specialty!

Marinate chicken breasts with olive oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, chopped garlic and parsley for at least 2 hours.

Quarter a large onion and dice up a green pepper - large chunks work the best.

Throw the chicken onto an electric skillet for about 5 - QP minutes, then add the veggies. When chicken is fully cooked, add a slice of cheese and let melt. My favorite is stacking the chicken on top the veggies so the melted cheese makes the veggies gooey and delicious. Voila, easy meal.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'll start out with the recipe that my husband said was the best chicken I ever made him

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/cheesy-jalapeno-popper-baked-stuffed.html

This is another runner up. I started with this recipe, now we omit the sauce and put the taco seasoning on it (still heat it in the frying pan as directed). I use the homemade taco seasoning linked on the page. Awesome on salad, rice, in a wrap, whatever

http://danicasdaily.com/the-best-spicy-shredded-chicken-recipe/

Our basic chicken - heat a frying pan that can go in the over with a little oil. Season chicken breast, we use just salt and pepper, or add cayenne, or get fancy with other mixes like a greek or italian, when the pan is nice and hot, put the chicken in about 3 minutes per side (should be nice and brown on outside if pan is hot enough), then put into the oven for another 10-15 depending on thickness. this keeps the chicken nice and moist.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,701 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola Chicken (an easy version of teriyaki)

Brown some chicken pieces with garlic. Toss in a small can of coke (regular, not diet) and several lashings of soy sauce. Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes until chicken is done. Turn occasionally and add a little water if necessary if sauce is reducing too quickly during cooking. When chicken is about done, turn up the heat and boil furiously to reduce the sauce to a syrupy caramelized mass.
  • TabbyOne
    TabbyOne Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for this suggestion. I'm terribly picky but I'm going to do a twist on your suggestion which I wouldn't 'have thought of except for your post.
    2 parts raw honey
    2 parts lemon juice
    1 part balsamic vinegar

Marinade any meat for approximately 2 hours and cook either on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill (my favorite)! I make boneless skinless thighs this way several times a week. SO GOOD
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I make this spicy peanut sauce and use half as a marinade for boneless chicken breasts or thighs, and reserve the other half for warming up and pouring over chicken on a bed of rice or pasta and/or veggies. Like a peanut satay sauce made with stuff I have in my pantry.
    4tbsp. peanut butter
    4tbsp. hot water
    2tbsp soy sauce
    1tbsp. brown sugar
    1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
    Whisk together the PB and hot water until it becomes smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk. Taste and adjust
    seasoning to your taste. Enjoy!
  • eena830
    eena830 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hmmm,alot of these ideas and sauces, marinades can be used with tofu & or veggie stirfry,like the spicy peanut sauce for instance. Id sub coconut aminos for any soy though, its better for you, and less sodi ;)
  • michbou
    michbou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i just put frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot and add a jar of salsa - cook it for 5-6 hours. you can also add black beans and corn.
    so good! could put in a tortilla
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Hmmm,alot of these ideas and sauces, marinades can be used with tofu & or veggie stirfry,like the spicy peanut sauce for instance. Id sub coconut aminos for any soy though, its better for you, and less sodi ;)

If you go to my shredded chicken link, the link for the homemade seasoning takes you to a vegetarian recipe that calls for the seasoning.

(Chickpea tacos)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,701 Member
    Options
    Quinoa Flake Chicken

Marinate chicken pieces for a few hours in buttermilk with garlic salt. Dredge with quinoa flakes. Place on a baking tray and spritz with olive oil. Bake at 200C for around 40 minutes for thighs. Breasts will be done in around 30. Very crunchy and takes care of my KFC cravings.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Greek chicken - grill boneless, skinless chicken breasts (blsl) and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice & lemon&pepper seasoning. Slice into strips and fill honey wheat pita with chicken, homemade tzatiki sauce (see below) with tomato slices and romaine lettuce.
    Tzatiki sauce - Deseed and chop 1 medium cucumber & blend with chopped fresh dill (about 1/4 cup) with salt/pepper to taste. Fold into 1 cup of greek yogurt. Chill before serving.

Buffalo chicken salad - cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of franks buffalo sauce (caution: HOT, reduce amount of hot sauce if you do not want something so spicy), 2 chopped celery stalks, 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, garlic powder, salt/pepper to taste. Good on a WW bun or rolled on a romaine lettuce leaf.

Crockpot tex mex chicken - 4 blsl chicken breasts, 1 cup of orgfanic salsa, 1 cup canned organic corn, 1 cup canned organic black beans. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6 hours. Chicken will shred. You can enjoy this over a bed of quinoa, brown rice, in an ezekial or WW tortilla, or rolled up in a romaine lettuce leaf.

Chicken Salad - blsl chicken shredded or cubed, homemade ranch (greek yogurt + ranch seasoning http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-ranch-seasoning-mix/), celery and onion

Chicken spendini - marinate in italian dressing,dip in WW breadcrumbs

Hummus coated chicken - brush on hummus, dip in WW breadcrumbs, bake

Chicken pasta primavera - shredded carrots, shredded zuchini, spinach, peppers and onions sautted in garlic and tossed with cubded/shredded chicken and then tossed with WW pasta (add feta cheese for sweetness, or not)

Italian stuffed chicken - spinach & part skim mozzarella cheese sautted together, stuffed into a tenderized butterflied piece of chicken breast, rolled and held together with a toothpick and topped with a vegetable pasta sauce & then baked. Can be served with WW pasta, spaghetti squash or on it's own with a salad on the side.

• jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    PARMESAN CHICKEN BAKE

INGREDIENTS:
    6 chicken breasts
    ... 1 C light mayonaise or greek yogurt (I have done 1/2 of each as well)
    1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
    1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (This is NOT regular table salt. It is a mixture of seasonings)
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    DIRECTIONS :
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9x13 glass pan. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
    2. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn't dry out.) Sprinkle on a bit more fresh parmesan over all the chicken.
    3. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. This dish is even better the next day, so just reheat in the microwave!
    **Some have commented that this dish was way too salty. Please be sure you are using fresh parmesan cheese, not the stuff from a can. Also, use seasoning salt, NOT table salt. I have made this many, many times and have never had trouble with the salt level. If you are worried, use less but please don't make substitutes
    Ohh YUM!
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    These sound sooooooo yummy!! Thank you!! .....bump!
  • emmarosegibson
    emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Breaded chicken breasts - 50g of quinoa, 25g of grated Parmesan, lemon zest, 2tbsp chives and 2 tbsp of parsley mixed in a bowl. 1 egg whisked, 50g flour, 2 chicken breasts cut into strips. Dip each strip in flour then egg then the quinoa mixture and put on baking tray, bake in oven 15 mins on 180. Served with salad and homemade tomato salsa which was 10 cherry tomatoes chopped, half tsp dried chilli flakes, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp red wine vinegar. Was fab