cinnamon to speed up metabolism...

Options

Replies

• mishelnkiki1
    mishelnkiki1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can almost see her metabolism speeding up!

cinnamon_challenge_by_caseyjones003-d4jmkjh.gif
    you would either mix it in a food or drink it with water!
  • mishelnkiki1
    Options
    Don't take the cinnamon challenge. That's the advice from doctors in a new report about a dangerous prank depicted in popular YouTube videos but which has led to hospitalizations and a surge in calls to U.S. poison centers.

The fad involves daring someone to swallow a spoonful of ground cinnamon in 60 seconds without water. But the spice is caustic, and trying to gulp it down can cause choking, throat irritation, breathing trouble and even collapsed lungs, the report said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/22/doctors-warn-teens-about-taking-cinnamon-challenge-in-new-report/

not the cinnamon challenge... just adding it to either food or adding it to some water.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have heard it wsomewhere too. Worth a try. LOL Great job on your weight loss!!! :)

You know what else is worth a try? Not eating like a pig and exercise.

People would rather eat a teaspoon? Tablespoon? whatever, of cinnamon before every meal :sick: instead of reducing calories. Unbelievable. Only one thing to say.

Gorge on.
  • malyndad
    malyndad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon works, I use it myself. I buy the capsules so you don't choke on the powder. It has been proven to reduce blood sugar levels as well as or better than most prescription medicines. There are two types, cassia or false cinnamon and ceylon or true cinnamon. Although both have some effect cassia is not as effective and can have some side effects over time. Ceylon is much more effective and has no know side effects. All hot foods will raise metabolism to some degree. Try it, see if it works for you.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I have heard it wsomewhere too. Worth a try. LOL Great job on your weight loss!!! :)

People would rather eat a teaspoon? Tablespoon? whatever, of cinnamon before every meal :sick: instead of reducing calories. Unbelievable. Only one thing to say.

Gorge on.
    [/quote]

:laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • mishelnkiki1
    Options

Gorge on.
    you must not have read through the rest where i corrected myself and said he just ate a lot of food. meats and veggies primarily. and he also works out. as do i. more then most people do. and my cal intake is great, if you were referring to me. i was not asking to be able to "eat like a pig" i was asking bc im very overweight and every little bit helps. but thanks for your input anyways. :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I put cinnamon in my crepes and I mix it into my applesauce. Sometimes I put it in oatmeal, too. I don't use it for any reason other than deliciousness but if it speeds up your metabolism (which I doubt, and if so it's probably by quite a trivial amount) then I suppose that's just a bonus. Cinnamon pairs well with maple syrup, apples, and splenda/sugar/stevia/other sweeteners.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Cinnamon works, I use it myself. I buy the capsules so you don't choke on the powder. It has been proven to reduce blood sugar levels as well as or better than most prescription medicines. There are two types, cassia or false cinnamon and ceylon or true cinnamon. Although both have some effect cassia is not as effective and can have some side effects over time. Ceylon is much more effective and has no know side effects. All hot foods will raise metabolism to some degree. Try it, see if it works for you.

No, burning more calories than you eat works.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know that Cinnamon helps with sugar levels(diabetes) but am not sure about weight loss :)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Eh cinnamon is just yummy. :glasses:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Oh, also try using one of those frensh cinnamon grinders (like those pepper grinders, but for cinnamon). It makes a whole world of difference. My house smells like f-ing unicorn farts or something. It tastes so much better when it's fresh.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    CINNAMON CHALLENGE!!!
  • mishelnkiki1
    Options
    Oh, also try using one of those frensh cinnamon grinders (like those pepper grinders, but for cinnamon). It makes a whole world of difference. My house smells like f-ing unicorn farts or something. It tastes so much better when it's fresh.
    while ive never smelled one personally, i hear unicorn farts are quite heavenly smelling. lol. thanks for the tip!
  • cashcash12
    cashcash12 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and Weight Loss
    The common cinnamon you have in your cupboard is good for more than adding spice to an apple pie. According to a review of the properties of cinnamon by the United States Department of Agriculture, it reduces inflammation in the body, improves insulin's ability to metabolize blood sugar, inhibits the growth of cancer cells and reduces blood pressure. Published in the May 2010 issue of the "Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology," researchers also report that cinnamon decreases body fat and improves levels of lean body mass. The USDA reports that cinnamon's active components are found in the water-soluble fraction of cinnamon, and not in cinnamon oil, which means that adding common cinnamon to tea, oatmeal or salads will help you reap cinnamon's benefits.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/440614-weight-loss-from-lemon-honey-cinnamon/#ixzz2SMRcZzRx
  • malyndad
    malyndad Posts: 30 Member
    Options

No, burning more calories than you eat works.

I didn't say anything about weight loss. Try actually reading the post before you slam it.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    REexFnt.gif

that was me first time i tryed it haha but yes i mix it every morning in my oatmeal now and i could swear my weight lose gotten more consistent could be anything else to tho but give it a try see if you notice anything i like cinnamon so its no struggle for me to have it daily

*edit* i should also mention i have insulin resistent pcos thats why i tryed it
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My dad was a diabetic, and health professionals recommend he take cinnamon (which can be found in capsule form), or add it to food, because it has been found to have positive results in terms of insulin response. It can also act as an appetite suppressant. The capsules also leave you with a nice cinnamony breath...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't snort it. *learns everything the hard way*
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to help your blood sugar but be careful with eating it by the spoonful as you can aspirate on it and it can ruin your lungs. There was a news show on this recently- having teens who did this and now have permanent lung damage (b/c they ate big spoonfuls of it w/o water or anything to wash it down).