Do you log drinks?

Options

Replies

• Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    yup I would! :) Once I started to really think about it, I was actually drinking ALOT of calories before!! Like I'm talking probably 1000 calories a day in liquids! Ekk!!! I like food too much, so I switched to mostly just water now with the occasional juice or milk (which I log) :)
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I track my water daily and add all the calorie drinks I consume for example my small Starbucks coffees or milk. Anything with calories I add.
  • 27jynx11
    27jynx11 Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't log drinks, because I only drink water and on occasion may be once a month a cup of coffee, (no sugar or milk) water has no calories and the coffee only a 1-2 calories, and won't make any noticeable difference.
  • nikkicokc
    nikkicokc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When your calories are lowered that is when you start to really look at those liquid calories. I catch myself saying all the time I don't want to drink my calories. It's not worth it. I will have OJ a few times a week, but definitely not every day. I have gone to drinking mostly water. It's not my fave, but it is so much better for me, and I feel good when I drink it. If you want to be able to drink more calories, exercise more and use those calories for imbibing. :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I just don't understand how some people, without exercise, can still manage to eat below 1200 calories even including drinks and all the other little things.

I don't understand how people can live off 1200 calories, period, exercise or no. I'd eat my own arm. And likely a leg. (Perhaps 1200/day is not a reasonable goal for you?)

But more to the topic at hand: many people, myself included, chose to avoid "drinking their calories". I don't drink juice or sugared sodas, ever, and milk rarely. I drink water, black coffee, herbal tea, diet sodas. I do enjoy some alcoholic beverages on the weekends, but I plan for them and log them.

Everything you eat should be logged, or what's the point? You're just kidding yourself about your actual intake, and it makes it much harder to adjust your goals accurately and meaningfully as you go along.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I log everything but usually manage to stay below 1200 - I will try to open my diary to public for you to see. I do exercise almost every day even if it is just a walk but pretty much net 1200.

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • harric88
    harric88 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Defo log them!!!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    yes, as some drinks can go as high as 300 cals in a glass.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I log everything but usually manage to stay below 1200 - I will try to open my diary to public for you to see. I do exercise almost every day even if it is just a walk but pretty much net 1200.

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:

I took a look, your diary is very thorough so I'm going to try and do the same with mine, Thank you :bigsmile:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how some people, without exercise, can still manage to eat below 1200 calories even including drinks and all the other little things.

Those people are very hungry, and most won't be able to sustain that calorie level for long before giving up. They're also more likely to have binges. I've been that person many times and have always given up because the suffering outweighed the benefits. I also quickly gained back whatever I'd lost.

Just by upping my calories a few hundred a day (I generally eat between 1400 and 1600 and don't really exercise) I'm much happier and can see doing this for the next year or more. But I still don't drink my calories - what a waste when I could use those calories to actually chew and swallow something and feel much more satisfied.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Drinks can be pretty high in calories. I always log my drinks.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Of course.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options

Those people are very hungry, and most won't be able to sustain that calorie level for long before giving up. They're also more likely to have binges. I've been that person many times and have always given up because the suffering outweighed the benefits. I also quickly gained back whatever I'd lost.

Just by upping my calories a few hundred a day (I generally eat between 1400 and 1600 and don't really exercise) I'm much happier and can see doing this for the next year or more. But I still don't drink my calories - what a waste when I could use those calories to actually chew and swallow something and feel much more satisfied.

Okay, I changed my calorie goal to 1450 and hopefully that'll make everything a little easier haha :happy:
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yes I log all drinks
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If its unsweetened tea, or water I don't log it ever. If I'm thinking about it I will log any diet drinks I drink, but half the time I forget. If it has calories it is logged.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Yes, calories in.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah you need to do whatever works for you. It is really surprising how quickly they all add up. I try to stay mindful of what I am eating, don't deny myself things I particularly desire but also accept that is OK to feel a little hunger sometimes. Rather than being really afraid of it and trying to stave it off all the time. Maybe twice a day I will feel a LITTLE hungry. Sometimes I then eat something, sometimes I don't. I am trying not to get hung up on any of it. Listening to and respecting MY body. Not for anyone else to decide or dictate how I lose this weight. Ignore people who are mean on here - I don't know why they enjoy belittling people for asking a question. Good luck xx
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Always. It all adds up.
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I guess by not having the drinks and all those other little things. The one thing I can't give up is tea but I log all the calories in the milk and have it without sugar, other than that all my drinks are pretty much calorie free, mostly water with an occasional diet soda as a treat. I can usually manage to sneak in 100cals or so for snacks but other than that all my cals go into 'real' food. This way I can just about get by on 1200 cals.

Please note however, every day that you exercise you can eat more and this will help. Depending on your stats you may also benefit more from a TDEE less 20% diet rather than a strict 1200cals.
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't log black or herbal tea or coffee (unless I stumble across it when I'm ticking the boxes), but I do log it whenever I put milk in it. Juice I'd definitely log, though depending on the brand you could be in for one very nasty surprise. If you're not completely shocked out of drinking it after the first log, I'd have about 100ml and top the rest of the glass up with water to make it go further.