I just HAD to have a burger and fries tonight!

Options
craigmandu
craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
It's Saturday...and I"ve been craving a burger with fries all damn day!

So I went to every website I could think of to see how "cheap" calorie wise I could get it.

That was a pretty sobering internet search......

For any burger of any size (except the tiny value size stuff), I couldn't find a burger under about 550 (stripped down)...and a medium fry about anywhere was 430-500....I didn't have that many calories left.

So I said FU*K it! I went to the grocery store instead...ended up getting some turkey burgers, buns, and frozen fries (cheapest I could find)

Result: I had one double quarter-pounder turkey burger (420 w/bun)...and 2.5 servings of fries (300)

It was still a meal I probably shouldn't have had.....but I just HAD to have it....

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a wee treat now and then. Mcds quarter pounder meal is around 820 but I still make time for one every now and again :)

Great idea to go the homemade route.
  • jenbrenica
    jenbrenica Posts: 29
    Options
    I have it when I want and even today:)) Sometimes you have to let go and not feel guilty tom is a new day:)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Ordered straight off the menu--no special orders

Burger king turkey burger = 530 calories
    BK single stacker = 370 calories
    BK Bacon Burger = 320 calories
    BK Fries = 410 calories

Carl's JR. (fully loaded)
    Jalapeno Turkey Burger = 490 calories
    Teriyaki Turkey Burger= 470 calories
    Fries = 300 calories
  • jtangcs
    jtangcs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I commend you for going with the turkey burger and cooking it at home. No doubt, the calories were lower than going out to eat. *applause*
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Log it, and let go of it. get back on track tomorrow. A treat now and then (not too often though) will help us stay on track
  • lenac03
    lenac03 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I, too, had to have a burger and fries. And today, I just decided to do it. So a Classic Smashburger with Sweet Potato Smash Fries it is. But props to you for making at home!!
  • craigmandu
    Options
    I commend you for going with the turkey burger and cooking it at home. No doubt, the calories were lower than going out to eat. *applause*

Well, the good thing is it cost me about 9 dollars total....And there's still 6 turkey burgers and more fries in the freezer now....but that may not be a good thing (I like burgers).
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. I have burgers a few times a month. Sometimes out, but mostly at home. I make good cheeseburgers. :)
  • sittingontopoftheworld
    Options
    I had one of these burgers yesterday: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/trader-joes-butcher-shop-fine-quality-meats-ground-beef-patties-96-4-extra-lean-50792232

Made it at home with swiss cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and a french baguette. It was delicious! :)

It came out to 475 calories, 97 of which came from the avocado.
  • craigmandu
    Options
    Log it, and let go of it. get back on track tomorrow. A treat now and then (not too often though) will help us stay on track

I logged it, I'm actually not over because of it, had I gotten what I really wanted.....I would have been over by a couple hundred...

It got the job done, wasn't "as" good as a restuarant burger/fries..but it was actually a bit more food.
  • craigmandu
    Options
    I had one of these burgers yesterday: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/trader-joes-butcher-shop-fine-quality-meats-ground-beef-patties-96-4-extra-lean-50792232

Made it at home with swiss cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and a french baguette. It was delicious! :)

Damn, I couldn't find ground beef burgers that low at the grocery store...but then again it was a Food Lion...that may say something about that.

That's actually a good calorie count...are those 1/4 lb?
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    We have turkey burgers and crinkle fries or tater tots as regulars on our dinner menu. Using the point system I always stay within my points, hope that won't change now that I'm tracking calories.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If you want a burger, then have a burger. No reason to deprive yourself if it fits your caloric and macro goals.
  • sittingontopoftheworld
    Options

Damn, I couldn't find ground beef burgers that low at the grocery store...but then again it was a Food Lion...that may say something about that.

That's actually a good calorie count...are those 1/4 lb?

Yep.They are 1/4 lb. Love Trader Joe's!
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    omg bad thread, bad thread. Why did I enter it.

I have been craving a bic mac, fries and mcflurry all day.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH WHY DID I ENTER THIS THREAD. WHY?!!!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You did it the right way: researched so you knew what you were getting into unlike me.

Two fried jalapenos from On the Border can't be that bad right? Oh how wrong I was when I found out they were 320 calories a piece! :sick:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a treat now and then. I do it too. Just be careful what you consume, get the best off the menue calorie wise and then the next day, get back on your daily routine. :flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I grill burgers and make my homemade fries once per week. There is nothing inherently evil about burgers and fries. Beef is a natural whole food and so are potatoes. I roast my taters in the oven with some olive oil and lightly salted until crispy like fries and grill my burger medium. Nothing wrong with either.

PS...I also top mine with bacon and a little cheddar...notin' wrong wit' dat!
  • sittingontopoftheworld
    Options
    I grill burgers and make my homemade fries once per week. There is nothing inherently evil about burgers and fries. Beef is a natural whole food and so are potatoes. I roast my taters in the oven with some olive oil and lightly salted until crispy like fries and grill my burger medium. Nothing wrong with either.

PS...I also top mine with bacon and a little cheddar...notin' wrong wit' dat!

How thinly do you have to slice them so they get crispy like fries?
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bunless burgers and salads are a daily occurance here!