I eat till I'm full but can't meet my calorie intake minimum

Options
2»

Replies

• Kasasagi
    Kasasagi Posts: 5
    Options
    I think it has something to do with up until recently my mother would force me to eat thanksgiving sized meals, saying I was growing and it just never really went away ( I was always the really fat kid). I have also been told that I have a very low matabolisim ( not sure how to spell it) and I normally have to be incredably active in order to lose weight, Thanks
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Jus curious, how are you overweight to start with then?

most of us are here because we eat too much

I have actually known a couple of women who eat too infrequently and are overweight. Unsure if it's the reason why, but I just know that it's the case for them. So I don't know how that happens, but it does happen.

Frequency doesn't matter... its caloric intake... you can only eat once during the day but if you're exceeding your TDEE you will gain.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Sorry I probably should have mentioned that :blushing: ,without exercise I am at about 1000-1300 calories but with exercise it's about 600-800. I am set at 1200 calories a day because aside from the biking I mostly sit around all day, Thank you for you time. :smile:
    Kaichou wa Maid Sama was an excellent anime.

Anyway, let me understand. On days you bike to class, you eat about 600-800 calories? If that is the case, then it's no wonder your hunger cues are inaccurate due to leptin receptors inability to correctly assess serum leptin concentration levels. Never base how much to eat during a diet on hunger cues for this very reason. The receptor's ability to assess levels is affected by caloric intake - the less you eat, the less reliable the receptors are at judging satiety.
  • Kasasagi
    Kasasagi Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes It was, I'm still hoping for a season 2.
    Thank you, that makes a lot of sense I'll be sure to eat at specific times and not just when I'm feeling hungry as well as fatty foods (healthy fat)