looking for some C25K buddies

Options
hi :smile:

i am a complete noob to running but have register for the 5k race 4 life on 14th july so thought i better get into training.

i have done the first week of C25K but am going to do it again this week (sat, mon,wed, fri) before moving onto level2 (next sun)

just looking for people who are also doing to buddy up with for support and motivation xx

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I'm just finishing my first C25K, and I've signed up for two runs at Disney this fall, but I will probably do one in the summer if all goes well. I'm also,doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I'd love to share mutual motivation on this journey.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Hi there! I did Week 4 Day 2 yesterday. Week one I was DYING and waiting for the 1 1/2 minutes to pass! Now I can easily go the 3 minutes, the 5 minute run is a struggle but I do it. I am really learning that running is probably 95% mental! I am really enjoying it!
  • Rhayahana
    Rhayahana Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am starting again monday, I did it before to week 6 but got a tendon injury (not running related at all...) that took half a year to heal.
    I could use some motivation and people that keep me going, so feel free to add me =)
  • fitznewme2013
    Options
    hi im also a running n00b and on week 2 day 3 of c25k. add me if you would like!
  • emzdiet
    emzdiet Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Il be finishing week 1 tonight but will probs repeat it next week. im Doing the race for life on the 7th of july and im really determined to try and run it all. :)
  • looplulu
    looplulu Posts: 21
    Options
    You can add me. When I first started, I found week one to be exhausting. I just completed week 5 today and feel great!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I re-started on Tuesday (4/30) of this week. Loved it when I did it the first time!!
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Anyone feel free to add me! I'm re-doing the program starting tomorrow! I had great success and completed this program in the fall of 2011, but took a "break" and have been on one ever since. Lame, I know! HAHA

So, yeah, anyway, add me! I need motivation to keep going for this program! :flowerforyou:
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ive just restarted this week after 2 half assed attempts previously, I will finish it this time. Up to week 1 day 1 on sunday. Anyone feel free to add me im keen to give some motivation.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    On week 3 Day 3 - doing this with My sons (14 and 16) .. We'll generally do M-W-F, then repeat the Day 3 Run on Sat or Sun .. feel free to add.

(I found that learning how to breathe was the key. Jealous of the people who actually enjoy running ... )
  • Tylergirl6306
    Tylergirl6306 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got the app and am starting this weekend. Signed up for the Color Me Rad race in July, I better get moving!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I completed W2D1 today. It was hard going but I did it.

I also did extra days on week 1, and plan on doing the same on week 2.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    On week 3 Day 3 - doing this with My sons (14 and 16) .. We'll generally do M-W-F, then repeat the Day 3 Run on Sat or Sun .. feel free to add.

(I found that learning how to breathe was the key. Jealous of the people who actually enjoy running ... )

I'm also doing it with my 14 yr old son. We do it M-W-F and bike ride on the Saturday.

I'd appreciate any tips on the breathing!
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 1 two days ago. I am not new to running. At one point I was able to run up to 5 miles at a time but I injured my achilles tendon so I am starting off with C25K to work back into running again slowly. If the rain lets up at all today or stays away I might do day 2 - yea I am a wuss like that - I don't like running in the rain.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Here is a group here on MFP you may want to join.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4064-c25k-friends

I am a noob to running also... Unless its running after kids now grandchildren... lol

Glad to see that I am not the only one that is restarting. I had started my c25k then I
    got sick for a couple of months.

Plan to pick up my training with W1D1 Monday May 6...

My training days are Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sun... I am told only three days but reading all the
    great feedback I will add a forth day.

Add me if you wish just add C25K in the subject or message.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

I'm also doing it with my 14 yr old son. We do it M-W-F and bike ride on the Saturday.

I'd appreciate any tips on the breathing!

The only thing I really learned .. I would breathe normal, then start to breathe harder as I needed. Eventually I was panting, then gasping.

Now, I have a running breathing .. 3 steps on the inhale, 1 step pause, 3 steps on the exhale, 1 step pause .. the other thing I learned helps is if I get into my "moderate" breathing long before I need to. What this will do is build up an oxygen supply - I've found that putting some Oxygen in my prefetch buffer makes a significant difference in the later stages of the run.
  • jmcmath1988
    jmcmath1988 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi there! I did Week 4 Day 2 yesterday. Week one I was DYING and waiting for the 1 1/2 minutes to pass! Now I can easily go the 3 minutes, the 5 minute run is a struggle but I do it. I am really learning that running is probably 95% mental! I am really enjoying it!

As did I!! =) Keep it up!
  • Fat2Fitby30
    Fat2Fitby30 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have pre registered for a run or dye 5k in September. And I haven't ran in years (PE in high school). So, I really need to get my butt in gear because I would like to do more 5k's over the summer/fall.. And it will help with my fitness/weight loss goals. Please feel free to add me.. The more motivation the better!!!
  • KarlaKennedy84
    KarlaKennedy84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well after doing my c25k yesterday i have done something to my knee :-( so i am having to take it easy on it for a few days so will be just brisk walking and cycling until its better :-(
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c25k program to. I'm planning on doing my first 5k next month. Feel free to add me.