The dumbest diet you ever tried?

Options

Replies

• dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options
    Ive tried HCG awful. But the worst was when I went with a co-worker and we got our ears stapled to lose weight. It hurt and a week later was so infected they had to pry the staple out it was terrible!!!!!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ive tried HCG awful. But the worst was when I went with a co-worker and we got our ears stapled to lose weight. It hurt and a week later was so infected they had to pry the staple out it was terrible!!!!!

WHAT?!!!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, there was two weeks where I would eat one piece of cheese each day, and sometimes add in a pack of starburst. I lost a bit of weight, but once I started eating more I gained it all back.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i've never been on a diet but i remember my mom doing some when i was growing up. nothing drastic though. weight watchers more often than anything else. i remember slim fast happening also.

we had two family friends die from complications of extreme diets when i was a child so that kind of thing always scared me.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Deleted Duplicate
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I tried the cabbage soup diet...about 20 years ago
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Gosh, there are SO many! I guess I would have to say the "banana, hot dog, and egg diet". It's three days, all you eat one day is bananas, the next day hot dogs, the next day eggs (the order may be off, I don't remember). Anyway, I got through two days. To this day, I hate bananas, and I like them before that "diet". This was back in high school.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The MEAEL diet. It stands for Move Extra and Eat Less.

If that's all it took don't you think everybody would be thin?
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The worst I ever did was the cabbage soup diet in the early 90's... OMG, not only did it taste horrible, but after a day and a half I got sooooooooooooooooooo sick! Almost ended up in the hospital because of dehydration!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I tried the cabbage soup diet when I was in high school. I'm not sure what I was thinking...boy that was a recipe for disaster (also, I lost no weight.)
  • RabbitMccool
    Options
    3 day Army diet! Yeah right!
  • violenceandlace
    Options
    When I was 20 I tried some diet with a coworker....I think it was called the First Personal Diet? They tested your specific blood and came up with a meal plan for you. Was just specific meats and veggies, that you had to weigh before you cooked them. And lots of water and you could have like 6 saltines a day. And all the aspartame based diet soda you wanted?

And you weren't supposed to exercise.

I made it like 2 months and didn't lose a pound but damn was I miserable.
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1. Meal replacement bars. They made nice snacks.

2. The low fat craze did that for a long time and I gained a lot of weight.

3. The skip breakfast, eat a light lunch and binge at night diet. It was supposed to be skip breakfast, eat a light lunch, and a sensible dinner diet, but it did not work out that way.

Haha it never works out that way, does it?
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I tried the Green Tea Diet and the Grapefruit Diet as a teen - ridiculous especially because I wish I was that "fat" now

Atkins - lost 30lbs in 3 months, but who wouldn't if you were a sugar- and carb-oholic like I was

Hydroxycut w/ephedrine in combo with "mad cardio" - I seriously crashed for 2 weeks after I stopped taking it

Thank God I'm done with dieting :tongue:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Soup and water. Me wasn't smart :/
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it was called the Hollywood diet, ate nothing but pineapple for days, then kiwifruit, then something else, I swear I was pooping kiwifruit seeds for days! LOL.....very unrealistic to keep up...
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I ate nothing but microwaved cooked thick sliced bacon and string cheese for weeks....dropped a ton of weight on it....never gained it all back. I blame the high protein. I wouldn't be able to get by with such a diet these days, not to mention I am vegetarian now.
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options

WHAT?!!!

Yes they put staples on the inside of your ears and it was supposed to block the message to your brain telling you that you were hungry lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I never really tried any specific diets, however, I believed some pretty stupid *kitten*.

I thought that I could not eat past 8pm at night. I now eat up until 11pm, about an hour before I usually go to bed.

I used to think that I had to cut out junk food. Now I have ice cream almost EVERY day for breakfast, (sometimes twice a day). As long as it fits within my calorie goal, and I hit my target protein and fat numbers, I eat whatever the hell I want and it's fabulous.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    There was this eating plan that my mom had gotten w/the cabbage soup diet and I lost just doing the plan because frankly the soup was nasty but it was all set to diff days as to what you could have. Then I tried the grapefruit diet and I hate eggs so that def didn't work out for me, i was thinking I could substitute something else for the egg! epic fail