5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• K3Daw
    K3Daw Posts: 9
    Options
    Been eating pretty much the same foods I always did, but am definitely aware of the caloric intake of alcohol. Loved LOVED to mix a Smirnoff Cranberry and lime with about 5 ounces of red wine (instant sangria) but after joining MFP, I discovered those darn beverages I liked so much were almost 400 calories at a whack! OMG! On the weekends, I would sometimes have three of those suckers during the course of the afternoon and evening. That wiped out my total calorie count for the day let alone anything else I was eating. Once I wised up to that, I just moderated it a bit added consistent exercise and the weight has been consistently coming off week by week.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I like, but not all that I like. You still have to be conscious of the calories yiu are consuming.

Exactly!!! Portion Control!!
  • Rachel111073
    Options
    LIKE! :happy:
  • eatforlife10
    Options
    Everything in balance. A restricted approach is a disaster waiting to happen. Go at it like fire and you will burn out quickly. The best way is to learn how to approach a clean eating lifestyle 80% and plany 20%. I can say I have all my foods I love. I clean it up and train hard and stay well hydrated. Friday nights are fun with the famiy and I eat up. Whatever I am craving I have for that meal. The next day I am back on it. I love to feel goo and ful of energy. Check out some of my blog post on my website: shapeyourwaynutrtion.org.

I write many blogs on clean eating, training, recipes and even dinning out. My background is in Wellness. I do not push a product. I truly am an advocate for a balanced life, not a restricted one. Life should be lived happily....a life without cake is no fun. :) Start building a better, stronger physique that will work for you. :smile:
  • Rachel111073
    Options
    Wow! Girl, I had to take a second look at your "Total pounds lost"---CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome! You look great!
  • eatforlife10
    Options
    Yes!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    1. Foods containing processed sugar (candy, cookies, desserts, etc.)
    2. Dairy
    3. Meat
    4. Fast food (except for Subway)
    5. Alcohol on weekdays (weekends I can have a couple of drinks if I stay under my calories)
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    Fast Food
    Bread and Flour
    Beer
    Processed foods (mostly)
    Sugar
  • SlimdownMommie
    SlimdownMommie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything completely out. I do however keep things in moderation. I have found that as long as I track all my calories I can still have the things I enjoy. I have also found ways to lower the calories in some of my favorite foods, and I love creating new foods with lower calories. :happy:
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My five things I have cut out...

~Skipping a workout because I don't feel like it (found working out consistently makes me feel like doing it more)
    ~Soft drinks & sugary juices (found I like chamomile tea more)
    ~Ice cream (found I like yogurt better)
    ~Eating two or three servings instead of one (found 1 serving, 9 times out of 10, does the trick)
    ~Guilt for not taking care better care of my body (found confidence in myself instead)

Thanks for this......

Sometimes I need French fries!
  • ashslash
    ashslash Posts: 11
    Options
    1. Soda.
    2. Butter
    3. Chips
    4. French Fries
    5. Sugar
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Nothing because of my weight loss, TONS of things because of my health.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    -Soda
    -French fries
    -Pizzas
    -German roasted pork knuckles :)
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have not cut out on things just dec the amount of stuff i eat,
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    bread
    sugar - which means any sweets/desserts/etc...
    fake sugars (splenda/etc...)
    fast food
    pasta
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Candy
    2.Chips
    3. Late night fast food stops (my night job doesn't afford me the luxury of eating a home cooked meal every night"
    4. Fried Foods
    I can't think of a 5th thing, because I pretty much try my best to eat clean. But those 4 things I did list are very difficult for me to shake.

#1. Soda-I havent totally cut it out but stopped enough that when I do have it, it makes me sick
    #2. Fried foods as a whole. Nothing fried.
    #3. Red meats. I have cut back on all red meat.
    #4. Dairy. I still eat dairy but not like I use to. I dont put two slices of cheese on my bbq cheeseburger anymore. GROSS
    #5. Alcohol. Ive pretty much stopped drinking entirely. To many calories and sugar.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    1. Soda
    2. Lasagna
    3. Potato chips
    4. Brownies
    5. Powdered donuts
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Cigarette,
    Hard Liquor
    Aspartame (Coke Zero) and all things sugar substitute.
    White refined starch (white bread, white pasta)
    Fast Food

They are not all recent, just a continue refinement of the self.
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    dairy
    gluten

excuses ;-)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    1. Margarine... I eat only butter now
    2. "Regular" Soda... If I have some soda (not often), it is only the stuff with real sweeteners
    3. Low Fat Dairy... I eat real cheese and just use less since the flavor is better
    4. "Fast Food" burgers and pizza... I make my own or go to the places that use better ingredients (like Mellow Mushroom)
    5. Artificial sweeteners in general besides Stevia but that was before the rest since it was an issue for a medical condition