Is being a jealous woman something wrong?

Options
Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
Like, I am. Even though I try to hide it because it makes me feel inferior. How about you people?

Sorry for not being specific. Jealousy in general, could be about your partner, family, friends, teacher, goals, etc.

Replies

• nikkimarie330
    Options
    Being jealous is completely normal.

How you deal with your jealousy is what can make it a bad thing.
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    True - I don't even say a word. I mean, unless I actually SEE something going on.
  • EleneSaM
    EleneSaM Posts: 45
    Options
    It depends on how jealous you are, in what situations and what kind of damages your jealousy causes to both you and others.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about in general....or your man and other women?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Being jealous is completely normal.

How you deal with your jealousy is what can make it a bad thing.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal, but it's all about how you then act on the jealousy. Which is 9 times out of 10 to do with your own issues and state of mind.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    All's fine as long as you aren't a paranoid nutcase then :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Depends on the situation.....
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Be more specific. Jealous of what?
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on WHY you're jealous, and also HOW you deal with it.

It's normal to be jealous, also good to talk about it with your significant other.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrifically jealous person! To be honest, I think I will always be jealous of someone, so I'm working on loving myself, and trying to believe my boyfriend when he says I'm beautiful and have a great body. Some days I believe him, most I don't. But I'm working on it. :)
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    It happens, it depends on the severity. If your man(or woman) is running up to the store and you wonder what he is doing then yeah that may not be OK. However, if he(or she) is constantly making you feel jealous you have to think about some things. My whole philosophy is I don't do anything I wouldn't be OK with my wife doing. If I want to go hang out with some single girls (which I don't) then I better be ok with her hanging out with a group of single guys.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Context, please.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    If you have no concrete reason to be jealous and don't mind pushing him away.............there's nothing wrong with it at all :)

Talk to him about whatever is bothering you so you can both work on repairing it
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is weakness.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Jealous of other women, jealous of what others have or jealous within a relationship? What specifically?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Its instincts cant be helped lol :) Its how you deal with it that matters like me if I see a girl eyeing my hubby ( and they do A LOT) I just hug him a little tighter and stare at them til they look away lol. My poor oblivious hubby is none the wiser
  • nicolecassandra
    Options
    Jealousy is normal, but it also depends on the situation.
  • nikkimarie330
    Options
    If you have no concrete reason to be jealous and don't mind pushing him away.............there's nothing wrong with it at all :)

Talk to him about whatever is bothering you so you can both work on repairing it

So true! My girlfriends have ruined MANY relationships by not communicating.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is weakness.

That or its called giving a ****