How many people have elected to do 1 pound a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amy154
    Amy154 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am at 1.5 pounds a week and eating every one of my exercise calories. It motivates me to exercise more!!!

Amy
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I have my "settings" for 1.5 lb a week but hey, if I have a loss even if it's .0000001 lb I will be happy!! :laugh: Ok, so I am in a silly mood this morning, but seriously, I agree and I think the slower & healthier it comes off the less chance it has of creeping back on. Best of luck to everyone on their goals!!!! :heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    This is, I have to say, quite the refreshing topic. Bravo you guys, for "getting it". It's about changing your life, not about dropping a few lbs (or maybe more than a few), the weight loss is just a bonus. :tongue:
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I am currently set to lose 1 lb per week (have been for about 4 weeks)--I've lost 4 lbs in that time, so it seems to be working. However, as I get closer to my goal weight, that may change. I don't want to get so absorbed with the number on the scale that I lose track of what's more important--how healthy and fit I am, and how I feel. The time line is far less important than it used to be.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did, I did ... I'm at ONE pound a week, which is what was recommended.

If I elected to do 2 my daily calories would only be 1,200 and there is no way. :noway:

I'm fine with the slow and steady wins the race. :love:

Good Luck to you.

:flowerforyou:
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1 lb. per week and don't lose 1 lb. per week.
    I lose more like 0.5 or so per week. I'm sure it's medical (thyroid problems), but it sure would be nice to lose that 1lb. a week lol.
    I was on the 2 lbs. a week plan and wasn't losing anything at all.
    It's all about finding what works I guess.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 1 pound a week as well. I've been doing this for about 10 weeks, eating my daily calories or a little less depending on how hungry I am, and have lost 12 pounds. I was feeling a bit discouraged because I've been trying to RElose a 3 pound gain for about a month now -- I'm glad you did this topic so I can see that I really am staying with my goals! :)
  • dharmachic
    dharmachic Posts: 21
    Options
    I elected to lose 2 lbs/week, but MFP automatically adjusted my goals to 1.1 lb/week with 1200 cal/day limit. Not sure why. On average, I've been losing about 1.3 lb/wk.

Helen
  • smalltowncutie82
    Options
    I had mine set to a pound a week and just changed it because I was allowed 2200 calories and I was eating them including my exercise calories and I have gone 3 weeks without losing anything so I figured I needed to cut some more calories so I changed it to 1.5 pounds a week and I'm hoping that will make a difference.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1lb a week which is a reaslistic goal. When I did WW between kids years ago, my average under the same plan was about .8 per week but I did NO exercising at all then. Now with the same eating plan, but I have totally increased by exercise, I am loosing between 1 - 2 a week on average with some weeks being higher and others lower (joys of being a woman and dealing with mother nature). I firmly believe that I did not get fat overnight and it won't come off overnight. I want the lifestyle change as I refuse to say I am on a "d#$%" but instead on a lifestyle adjustment.

Good luck all, we CAN DO IT
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing for me to find this topic.
    I have been doing a half A** job since returning from vacation in April then another mini vacay in May.
    I am up 2 pounds so just this morning I changed my goal settings to NO exercise, and 1 pound per week.
    I will be exercising ( walk 3 miles 5 x per week) but thought maybe changing things up might kickstart my metabolism???
    No idea. Gotta try something.
    Good Luck to you, no matter how slow it goes DONT EVER GIVE UP !
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm set up for 1lbs a week. I wanted to work my way into a healthy lifestyle I can stick with. I felt restricting my calories too much would feel more like a diet than a lifestyle. When I 1st started MFP gave me 1430 calories now it has me at 1310. I find it a easy transition i can live with.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    I started out at 2 lbs. per week, and because this would dip my daily calories to under 1200, MFP set it at 1.9 pounds per week, or something close. Then, after vacation, I went through this phase where I was hungry after I had met or slightly exceeded my calorie goal, so I changed it to 1.5 lbs per week... it now allows me 1400 calories, which is much better for me, and it seems I'm losing that or a little better weekly.